Case feeding issue cam lock Pro

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Case feeding issue cam lock Pro

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

This is my last issue to resolve where this press is concerned. I'm using the automatic case feeder and collator. From time to time the slide will pop or jump however you want to describe it and kick a case over on its side. A minor nuisance yes but a nuisance all the same.

I have inspected the installation closely and decided to put a little dry graphite Lube on the rails of the slider. . I operated it multiple times watching from all angles and it appears to be running smoothly. The only other thing I can think of is when a case begins to be pushed out from underneath the case above sitting on it, it drags enough on the case sitting on top of it to create a bind. I have yet to try it with cases in the feeder since I lubed it but was curious if anyone else has seen this and what was their solution.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Case feeding issue cam lock Pro

Post by GasGuzzler »

Not sure about the cam lock pro but when the APP does that it's one of two screws on the slider rail that is too loose OR too tight.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Case feeding issue cam lock Pro

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

GasGuzzler wrote:Not sure about the cam lock pro but when the APP does that it's one of two screws on the slider rail that is too loose OR too tight.
Thanks for the info. . I ran 25 cases through it last night and it happened once. . Going to play with it a little more this weekend
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.

Return to “Progressive”