bulge buster question

Carbide and Steel die sets plus the Carbide, Bottle Neck Pistol Cartridge, and Factory Crimp Dies. Also the Bulge Buster Kit.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: bulge buster question

Post by Ranch Dog »

The Glock isn't the only one with unsupported chambers. It is tough to look at a design and tell when a ramp becomes an unsupported chamber wall. Many sub-compacts have to do just this to keep the the size down. My Taurus 732B which is chambered in 32 Auto is a good case in point.

Near maximum loads will bulge the web of the case. My larger framed Millenium PT132 Pro doesn't have the issue.

What I do to eliminate it is what all handloaders do, a bit of load work. A very small reduction in the charge eliminates the issue.
akuser47 wrote:That may be what I do need a new carry gun any ways probably go with a .40 so anyways
Taurus has been flooding this country with their new Millenium G2. It is a hybrid of the best features of their Millenium Pro and 24/7 and has been well received. I've seen them on sale as low as $225 ($199 for the 9mm on a Bud's sale). The best price now is $259 at JJ Gun's but I have no experience with them. This might be an easy question answered on TaurusArmed.net.

Taurus goofed up selling me the complete line of Millenium Pro pistols, less the 40 S&W, as I won't ever need anything else. I even bought a NIB PT745 that I have pickled in the safe so if 30 years down the road I wear the original out, I have another.
Michael
Patriot007
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Patriot007 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Then I beg to ask as I always do; what about my 25 and 32 Autos… they need the attention as well.
Please let me answer my own dumb statement. The Bulge Buster will not work on the 25 & 32 Autos as they are semi-rimmed cartridges.

I did get the turret setup with a 380 Auto, 9mm Makarov (also used with the 9mm Luger), and 45 Auto. I added a Decapping Die to fill the spare turret hole and add more utility to the turret. I like it! I must use a case feeder tube as there is no room for the round bullet sizing bucket on the crowded turret. I think this setup will cause me to use the Buster more, every cycle of the brass, rather than always trying to find it.
Ok I, I will tell the truth, I had no idea what the heck you were talking about a Bulge Buster. I had to go to YouTube and check out a video on it, to deal with my need to know. Now I know, thank you for that info. I do know about the Glocks Bulging the cases when fired, especially the 40sw. One problem I did not like about the Glock was, they did not have a polished bullet ramp feed system. I was never happy with the point of aim also and the big grips never really felt good in my hands, but I kept telling my self I loved my
Glock 21. I'll never part with it, but it guards my gun safe now. I solved all my Glock problem with this gem. I've never been more happier with a 45, yes it trumps all four of my families 1911's. The Springfield XD 45 acp 4". This gun is a perfect replacement to the Glock line of guns, it's just as reliable and better built. In a month or two, I'm adding a XDMs mod 2 9mm to my collection for my carry gun. Its hard to conceal a 45 with 13 round of hard hitting 45s all day with out printing. Now I'm not talking bad about the Glocks. I do own one, and plan on never getting rid of it, but this is a better built gun, and fits my way of shooting better, and I'll stake my life on it. I have loaded over 3000 rounds for it and no jams, wait a minuet I lied. I've test three different bullets and 3 different powders to see what my lowest powder load could be with that load and that meant the gun would not cycle the round. So I wanted it not to cycle the load. Other than that, no jams or miss fires. I love the XD line of guns just as much as my Load Master.
One thing I do love about the Glock is the factory extended Mags. I don't think any company will ever beat the Glock Mag system. I mean 27 rounds of 45 acp in rappied fire mode, that's a dream in it's self.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

I hade a xd 40 tactical full size. I wish I hadn't traded off. I don't even remember what I got for it. The only thing about the xd in the time I had it was the trigger couldn't be adjusted by dropping a new ghost connector in it like glocks. It was what made me love my glock. I bet by now though someone has a part or tune up for the xd. I'll have to look into them again I've seen used ones for great prices. Thanks for helping me remeber RD. Also the extended glock mags are awesome you should see what my g26 looks like with the g 17 high cap mag. Of course in Ohio it's illegal until I switched the base plates with my standard glock baseplates. Made them legal at 30 rounds.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “Handgun”