Progressive Press Dies

Carbide and Steel die sets plus the Carbide, Bottle Neck Pistol Cartridge, and Factory Crimp Dies. Also the Bulge Buster Kit.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Progressive Press Dies

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:
Et2ss wrote:I like the LM 4 dies set with the trim die to center the case for priming.
Trim die in the 4 die set?
Might be adding trim die to the 4 die set as he mentioned the LM (Load Master) which has a five hole turret..
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Seems like a good idea to me. I got a dozen of shellholders and dippers from standard sets, that I don't need, because the dies are mounted on my progressive.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:Seems like a good idea to me. I got a dozen of shellholders and dippers from standard sets, that I don't need, because the dies are mounted on my progressive.
The funny thing with this cartridge group, you end up with a lot of the same dippers.
Michael
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

And with several setups for the same cartridge it's even more. If they had the progressive die sets earlier, it would have saved me quite a few bucks.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

daboone wrote:
Et2ss wrote:I like the LM 4 dies set with the trim die to center the case for priming.

You have it right Dan. The 4 die set hasn't changed still just comes with the CFCD. And the "new" progressive dies are as you figured also, just the RGB dies. Good marketing by Lee though, selling them as for the Pro 1000 in the calibers relevant to that Press and packaging them in a green box. I have a set of them that came with something I bought. I think it was the last Load Master in 45acp. They show on Midway at $28.49 plus shippng. I know it's akin to sacrilege to say here but I use very few Lee dies.
GRV01
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by GRV01 »

horseman wrote: I know it's akin to sacrilege to say here but I use very few Lee dies.
*starts lighting the pitchforks*
Yea you read that right!
:D
No thin chicks
Currently reloading .357 Magnum and .38 Special
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

Fyodor wrote:Seems like a good idea to me. I got a dozen of shellholders and dippers from standard sets, that I don't need, because the dies are mounted on my progressive.

I don't mind the extra holder.... I have a way of misplacing things regularly.....

That's how I and up with triplicates of various tools..........can never find one when I need it

:lol:

Although I have to admit, I've never used the 'Dippers' for anything but my first 'Loader' in .270
Ranch Dog wrote:
daboone wrote:
Might be adding trim die to the 4 die set as he mentioned the LM (Load Master) which has a five hole turret..

That's it exactly, Although they only offer the 5.56 on that page
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

GRV01 wrote:
horseman wrote: I know it's akin to sacrilege to say here but I use very few Lee dies.
Yea you read that right!
Horseman is use to his wife's use of pitchforks. :lol:

Like a few other here we have die sets that predate Lee's. Then due to internet keyboarders I once purchased a set of Redding dies because it was reported that Lee dies didn't set the shoulders back enough for the K31's 7.55x55 brass. Then I ended up with a Lee set. That's how in side by side comparisons I learned about :evil: keyboard commandos.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

daboone wrote:
GRV01 wrote:
Yea you read that right!
Horseman is use to his wife's use of pitchforks. :lol:

I keep tellin' ya' Dan, it's broomsticks, broomsticks.....not pitchforks, those are in the barn. :lol:

Return to “Handgun”