Turret questions.

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Turret questions.

Post by 62chevy »

Fullthrottle wrote:Thanks to all for the information.

I am going to have to look deeper into my needs. As stated before, I prefer to decap and toss brass in containers for later reloading(but I say this as it is what I learned to reload on), that being said, my concern is if I start with the 3 hole and later decide to try my hand at the four hole I don't want to regret the three hole.....decisions!

Thank you all again!
I bought the 4 hole Classic Turret just so I wouldn't have to upgrade later if I saw the need. And the spent primer thing is over stated I've done over 500 45 acp on it now and only had one spent primer come out the wrong hole. On the other hand if you are not carfull the new primers will fall out of the primer pocket if the safety prime sticks to the steel primer holder. If it sticks hold your hand under it to catch any primers that may fall. Has to be a fix to this just not sure what it is.
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

62chevy wrote:
Fullthrottle wrote:Thanks to all for the information.

I am going to have to look deeper into my needs. As stated before, I prefer to decap and toss brass in containers for later reloading(but I say this as it is what I learned to reload on), that being said, my concern is if I start with the 3 hole and later decide to try my hand at the four hole I don't want to regret the three hole.....decisions!

Thank you all again!
I bought the 4 hole Classic Turret just so I wouldn't have to upgrade later if I saw the need. And the spent primer thing is over stated I've done over 500 45 acp on it now and only had one spent primer come out the wrong hole. On the other hand if you are not carfull the new primers will fall out of the primer pocket if the safety prime sticks to the steel primer holder. If it sticks hold your hand under it to catch any primers that may fall. Has to be a fix to this just not sure what it is.
My guess is the tab that's bolted down that holds the bracket for the rocker arm of the Safety Prime is just a tad too much clockwise. Loosen the bolt just enough to move the bracket a hair or two and see if that helps.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Maximumbob54 wrote:My guess is the tab that's bolted down that holds the bracket for the rocker arm of the Safety Prime is just a tad too much clockwise. Loosen the bolt just enough to move the bracket a hair or two and see if that helps.

Hmm never thought of that but it makes sence so I will give it a try and willing to bet it will work. Some times it just the simple things.
Je suis Charlie
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

62chevy wrote:
Maximumbob54 wrote:My guess is the tab that's bolted down that holds the bracket for the rocker arm of the Safety Prime is just a tad too much clockwise. Loosen the bolt just enough to move the bracket a hair or two and see if that helps.

Hmm never thought of that but it makes sence so I will give it a try and willing to bet it will work. Some times it just the simple things.
Another thing is be sure the washer is on top under the bolt head that holds the arm to the press.. I also agree with the advice you was given my Max also.
Joe
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

joec wrote:
62chevy wrote:

Another thing is be sure the washer is on top under the bolt head that holds the arm to the press.. I also agree with the advice you was given my Max also.
The washer is on the top of the plastic spacer just need to loosen the bold and find the sweet spot.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Turret”