case feeder trouble

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Papabear97
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

case feeder trouble

Post by Papabear97 »

im having trouble with the case feeder. when the tubes are full it will not push the case all the way into the shell plate. it only works when the case tube in use has only 6 or 7 cases in it. ive even added weight to it and no change. what can i do?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: case feeder trouble

Post by Ranch Dog »

Papabear97 wrote:im having trouble with the case feeder. when the tubes are full it will not push the case all the way into the shell plate. it only works when the case tube in use has only 6 or 7 cases in it. ive even added weight to it and no change. what can i do?
What's the cartridge and are you using the collator at the top of the tubes. If it is small cartridges are you using the appropriate small, inner tubes?

Pro 1000 or Load Master press?
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Have you tried to adjust the height of the assembly? Most problems in the case feeder come from that.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Papabear97

Post by Papabear97 »

40 cal cases. I do use the collator at the top. Not sure if I have the small tubes. I'll double check. I've tried to adjust the tube feeder. It drops a case correctly but will not push it out into the plate until it has just a few cases left in that tube. It seems as if there is too much weight on the slide mechanism. I've even put lube oil on it. It is a lee loadmaster
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Papabear97 wrote:40 cal cases. I do use the collator at the top. Not sure if I have the small tubes. I'll double check. I've tried to adjust the tube feeder. It drops a case correctly but will not push it out into the plate until it has just a few cases left in that tube. It seems as if there is too much weight on the slide mechanism. I've even put lube oil on it. It is a lee loadmaster
Have you gone back through the complete case slider installation/adjustment in the instructions?

You are good on the tubes, the 40 S&W uses the large tubes. If the alignment (feed bracket & feed rod) is set properly, then the bottom screw on the crank slider is used to adjust the "push".
crank_slider_adjustment.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Papabear97

Post by Papabear97 »

I will try the screw setting ASAP. Thanks.

Return to “Progressive”