Decapping problem?

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Makita
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Decapping problem?

Post by Makita »

Yeah my first guess was a bent pin but that wasn't the case on this one. See this is first time I used a decapping pin on the 1000 I've always used it on my single stage with no problems. So when I install on the progressive press it didn't line up square with case. The shell plate and tool head didn't mate up square . This could be cause of the play that's in both tool head and shell plate. Like I said you could tilt the case with your finger a 32 of a inch and it lined up perfect. By increasing the chamfer on the pin itself allowed the case to guide on in for decapping. Maybe this thread will help someone else down the road that runs across this. I'm good to go now decamped about two hundred rounds last night and yes the progressive feeding of the cases sped me up quite a bit, I may use it to prime my cases also so I don't have to hand prime. Thanks for all the help problem solved
bayou
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Decapping problem?

Post by bayou »

Another one here using the Lee universal decapping die. Absolutely no issues with it......
bayou
NRA Life Member

Return to “Progressive”