Lot to Lot Brass Variations.

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Lot to Lot Brass Variations.

Post by 357cyrus »

So I recently received a boat load of 30-06 ammo and some empty brass from a buddy. He said it's stuff that didn't shoot well in his rifle. And wanted to know if I could use it to make some custom stuff for him. When I got home to sort through it, a bunch of it is mixed up in different boxes. Like a box that says Remington Express 150 corelokt psp, contains Remington 30-06 brass, but 3 different headstamp variations. Is this something Remington does to different lots? Or maybe just different bullet weights? And what is your experience with mixing headstamp variations from the same manufacturer? Without having a chance to weigh them or check H20 capacity, should I assume that they're different enough to cause accuracy problems. I'm not looking for bench rest accuracy, but MOA or better is the goal.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lot to Lot Brass Variations.

Post by RBHarter »

A buddy brought me 120 1x Rem 06' from stuff he bought 1 shelf ,same day ,the box lots match. When weighed they ran 197gr to 208 gr with 52 falling into a lot 198.2-199.5 . I have a rifle that knows a 1 gr difference in cases but the buddy's rifle is tolerant of 2.5 gr most of the time.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lot to Lot Brass Variations.

Post by 357cyrus »

Thanks. Thats great info, when I get around to checking them I'll post the results to compare. I''ll grab some pics of the headstamps too. Maybe they'll match yours....maybe NOT!
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***

Return to “Rifle Reloading”