Bore Rider Bullets???

Topics concerning individual handgun & rifle bullet designs, buckshot, and shotgun slugs.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Bore Rider Bullets???

Post by Steve »

I had some bullets that were so soft that, "this is no exaggeration". The OAL was terrible, I crimp after seating, I slowed down to see what was happening.... At the bottom of the stroke the bullet was slowly rising back out of the case while just setting there on the press after seating. To get these so I could shoot them I had to apply the crimp in the seating die. Then remove the lead shaving from the case mouth so they would chamber.
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Rd, looking at a Lyman #311291 (old school) bullet it was a "bore rider" also I was told and the nose was approximately .300" to fit the rifle bore, while the base was the larger diameter of .311 + to fit the grooves. Does your modern design provide more inherent accuracy potential than the Lyman design? Thanks
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Does your modern design provide more inherent accuracy potential than the Lyman design? Thanks
I've never worked with a Lyman design so I really don't know. Some molds are generic in design with the hope of working across several cartridges. My are all designs have been cartridge, and sometimes rifle/pistol model, specific.
Michael

Return to “Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”