New guy to the Lee fold

Tell us a bit about yourself!
scotland
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: New guy to the Lee fold

Post by scotland »

Lol. Bad choice of vehicle. Of course i think i have a corvette. Maybe the dissers think we own a ford festiva.
ljnowel
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by ljnowel »

I would liken my pro1000 to a Chevy silverado. It was affordable enough for a family man and hauls all the weight it needs to
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

I'm laughing so hard I don't think breakfast is gonna stay down??
Wow,, from Yugo to 2400 4X4 to Silverado???
Yep, this is a diverse group. & although, comical as all get out
a good bunch & a great place..
In my actual experience, be it 99% handgun, in 40+ years of this
I have seen that, if not for Lee, a ton of people would have never started loading!!
Some have left the farm so to speak never to return, Most others returned "home"
& remain there to this day. And, just as in life, we have different colors & shapes for neighbors
but Lee is firmly & proudly part of our family. Thank you Mr Lee & Son.....
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
ljnowel

Post by ljnowel »

larryw wrote:I'm laughing so hard I don't think breakfast is gonna stay down??
Wow,, from Yugo to 2400 4X4 to Silverado???
Yep, this is a diverse group. & although, comical as all get out
a good bunch & a great place..
In my actual experience, be it 99% handgun, in 40+ years of this
I have seen that, if not for Lee, a ton of people would have never started loading!!
Some have left the farm so to speak never to return, Most others returned "home"
& remain there to this day. And, just as in life, we have different colors & shapes for neighbors
but Lee is firmly & proudly part of our family. Thank you Mr Lee & Son.....
True. I started with Lee, a set of 45 dies, 25 dollar "c" press, dippers, scale, funnel, and a hand primer. Under 100 bucks. I loaded many thousands before buying an autodisk powder measure. Then I bought a four hole turret as I was reloading four different calibers instead of one.

I almost went blue a few months ago. I decided that Richard Lee's equipment had been so good to me that I would give him a chance, even though I heard so much negative about his progressives. My pro1000 is an AWESOME press! I'm going to buy a second one.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

One of the great advantages of the pro1000, especially when loading several different cartdridges, is the cost of a "caliber conversion kit". You'll pay less for a whole new press, all set up to what you need, for less than a Dillon conversion kit, and you also save time on the "conversion" itself. With the pro1000 it just takes as long as to push the chair to the other press. A friend of mine has 14 (!) pro1000, for each load a different one, even if it's the same caliber.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Charley
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Charley »

s1120 wrote:I wouldn't say yugo... maybe more ford focus... :D

Thanks for the welcome!
Just bought a use F-150, and the dealer had to get some parts to get it up to speed. Gave us a Focus to use while the150 was being worked on. Fine vehicle, except for it being designed for midgets. I had about 1/4 inch of headroom, and had to go through a sorts of contortions to even get in the door. Being 6'2" and 230 pounds isn't the design standard for that car!
And yeah, Lee stuff works, better for its intended use than a Focus!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:One of the great advantages of the pro1000, especially when loading several different cartdridges, is the cost of a "caliber conversion kit". You'll pay less for a whole new press, all set up to what you need, for less than a Dillon conversion kit, and you also save time on the "conversion" itself. With the pro1000 it just takes as long as to push the chair to the other press. A friend of mine has 14 (!) pro1000, for each load a different one, even if it's the same caliber.
I'm the same way with the Load Master. A couple of years ago I said what the heck and added two more for my high volume cartridges. I even dream of setting up a "belt and pulley" drive system from my ceiling fan to operate them. Kind of like them old factories years ago.

I have a friend that just expressed an interest in handloading. He will be a very low volume reloader so I bought him a Lee Loader for his 308 Win to give to him for Christmas.
Michael
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

I have seen automated Dillon 650 and 1050, but never actually saw a fully automated LEE press. With the pro1000 it sure wouldn't work, even if this machine runs flawlessly, sometimes a case doesn't fully enter the shellplate, or it's upside down. So I couldn't switch it on and leave the room for an hour or so. Since the case pusher on the LM is the same as on the pro1k, I guess these hickups will happen there, too.

If it works, I'd like to see pictures, videos and instructions, please :D
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Member Introductions”