LEE Bashers..........

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Crumb Castle
My Press Choice: Turret

LEE Bashers..........

Post by Crumb Castle »

It's been my experience that those who bash LEE Precision don't fully understand how to use LEE's products or they're expecting them to perform beyond their capabilities. I know that as a company, LEE isn't going to hit the mark 1,000 % of the time, but LEE does make up for it with great customer service.
Anyways, I have to thank those bashers for driving me here. I never would've looked for a LEE Precision forum if I hadn't become sick of reading the bashing garbage! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep up the great work LEE Precision. +guns +guns

On a side note, I'd like to also thank Ranch Dog for having the wherewithal to create this special place.
"Never get up before breakfast. If you have to get up before breakfast, eat breakfast first." - Unknown

"Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze. "- Unknown
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: LEE Bashers..........

Post by Fyodor »

Most Lee bashers have never used Lee equipment.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

If not for Lee I could not afford to reload. Well maybe if I had found some used green stuff for the right price then I could.
Je suis Charlie
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

I really like LEE for their innovative technology, that makes reloading very pleasant and smooth, for a great price. I know that I can't expect the quality, sturdiness and smoothness of a Dillon 1050 on a pro1000, but on the other hand I only paid a fraction. I can make up the costs for my LEE equipment within about two years. I'm not sure if a Dillon would ever pay out.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

At my rate of reloading it's going to take 3 years to pay off all my reloading/cast equipment. So next year it should have payed for it's self, Then I can start adding even more stuff. +guns
Je suis Charlie
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

Local guy at the hardware store asked what reloading equipment I had. And I told him mostly Lee stuff. "I feel sorry for you!, Save your money and get a Dillon, square deal warranty....yadda, yadda yadda". Anyway, back to reality.... In 8 years of reloading I've had one piece of any of my equipment fail (due to misuse)and it was something like 13 cents to have replaced. Which Lee sent me two of and was in the mail the same day as the phone call I made to them. In my mind, at that rate I can use my Lee stuff for 10 years and when it's still working , take it apart and throw it in the dumpster, buy a whole new press, repeat again another decade down the road, and still be ahead of someone who bought a Dillon in the beginning. And anyone that tells me a Dillon makes better quality ammo I'll meet me at the range so they can put their money where their mouth is. I''ll travel, loser pays for travel expenses.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
Steve

Post by Steve »

357cyrus wrote:Local guy at the hardware store asked what reloading equipment I had. And I told him mostly Lee stuff. "I feel sorry for you!, Save your money and get a Dillon, square deal warranty....yadda, yadda yadda". Anyway, back to reality.... In 8 years of reloading I've had one piece of any of my equipment fail (due to misuse)and it was something like 13 cents to have replaced. Which Lee sent me two of and was in the mail the same day as the phone call I made to them. In my mind, at that rate I can use my Lee stuff for 10 years and when it's still working , take it apart and throw it in the dumpster, buy a whole new press, repeat again another decade down the road, and still be ahead of someone who bought a Dillon in the beginning. And anyone that tells me a Dillon makes better quality ammo I'll meet me at the range so they can put their money where their mouth is. I''ll travel, loser pays for travel expenses.
Very well said. I gave up trying to discuss anything with the Lee bashers. I also quit giving them assistance.
A friend of mine recently ignored my advice and bought a brand X. Then he called me for advice/help, I told him maybe the salesman that told him he would be better off with the brand X, could give him a hand.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I live in a place that almost everything like reloading equipment is bought online. I know quite a few ranchers that reload and cannot think of a single one that does not use Lee equipment for their rifles and handguns needs. Odds and ends end up on their benches but their preference is Lee.
Michael
larryw
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

What Y'all said, +1
I started on this adventure in the early 60's, & since then,
most every handloader I ever met or saw used Lee.
Yea, some used other stuff also but, mostly Lee.
The real %@*&$ is, I have heard, with my own ears,
some of those same people, maybe the last 10 years or so,
Bash the He@# out of Lee, Then go home & use Lee??????
Still can't wrap my head around that one???
I would say I am 95% Lee & doing well. The other stuff,
I have I got free, or at a stupid crazy great price (used).
When will people get a clue? Low price is not always junk!!!
I most likely would have started loading anyway, way back when
with "whatever" brand, but I'm glad I got to know Lee.
Thank You Mr, Lee !!!!!!!!!
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I didn't use too much Lee stuff until I started casting. Since then I very bought almost exclusively Lee tools, both new and used. I just bought 2 new sets of dies ,300WSM and 264 WM. Either set will have paid for itself in 100 rounds. Both were 6 bucks less than the next set. Now to locate a 25cal mould.....
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Topic Bucket”