3 hole firing pin bushing on Coachguns

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

3 hole firing pin bushing on Coachguns

Post by Fyodor »

Hi all,

Just a few weeks ago I have registered my own small business, and now I'm trying to get stuff to sell. Since I'm a mechanical engineer, I also planned to design own tools and devices, that someone els might find useful.

A lot of Cowboy Action shooters use the hammerless short barreled CoachGuns as sold by Stoeger in the US (Boito, Hubertus, and other names are all the same guns). These have firing bin bushings with a three hole drive. These bushings can come loose from time to time and this can make the gun unusable if you don't have the proper tool to fasten them again. I'm trying to design a CAS-tool that can be used on the most "game deciding" screws on the most common guns in the game, so I'll need the three pin bushing wrench with it.

Unfortunately my own Boito is at the gunsmith's for nearly a year (spare parts all go to the US first, Europe gets whats left afterwards), so I can't take the dimensions from there.

Does anybody here have a gun like that, and can give me the dimensions of the pin holes and the distance between the holes? Diameter and outside-outside distance would be the easiest to measure and will be OK if the measurement is good enough. I don't care about inches or millimeters, just tell me which you use :D

Thanks in advance!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: 3 hole firing pin bushing on Coachguns

Post by RBHarter »

That sounds like a handy tool to have . Unfortunately my Boito is an 80's vintage O/U w/o bushings. I had a Comanchee single shot made in Brazil that had a bushing but it was only a 2 pin drive . I swear that thing would back out setting in the safe,I finally dinged a middle thread and lock tighted it . My dads been killing snakes and squirles w/it for 2 years, no issues.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Topic Bucket”