What did you score today?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

What did you score today?

Post by 62chevy »

Went to the range today with the Wife and she found a couple of 45 acp cases on the ground. Then asked if I needed the larger brass. +guns

All said and done I found:

1 - 25 acp
20 - 380 acp
10 - 45 acp
140 - 223

The Wife also found a cell phone, no reception so she put it in her purse for later. Had to test our new Jeep on the two tracks and while doing so the cell phone owner called and ask to meat him back at the range. The phone was just an old flip phone but he did show us some nice pistols and rifles he and his Wife had been shooting.

All in all a great day.
Je suis Charlie
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: What did you score today?

Post by mr surveyor »

Score? I'm getting old, it's getting late, but it is Saturday night ..... I can dream anyway :lol:

As far as range brass, a few years ago I could pick up 4-8 pounds on some trips ... now lucky to pick up 1/2 pound - mostly 9mm. It's a rare day to find straight walled revolver brass, but occasionally someone drops by the range to dump their carry ammo and they'll leave 5 shiny .38 spl. I haven't seen .357 or .44 brass on the ground in 5-6 years. Plenty of bottom feeder brass, and .223.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

mr surveyor wrote:Score? I'm getting old, it's getting late, but it is Saturday night ..... I can dream anyway :lol:

As far as range brass, a few years ago I could pick up 4-8 pounds on some trips ... now lucky to pick up 1/2 pound - mostly 9mm. It's a rare day to find straight walled revolver brass, but occasionally someone drops by the range to dump their carry ammo and they'll leave 5 shiny .38 spl. I haven't seen .357 or .44 brass on the ground in 5-6 years. Plenty of bottom feeder brass, and .223.

That's why it's exciting to pick up even the small amount we did.
Je suis Charlie
Neted
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Neted »

Wish I could get my wife to go yo the range!
Model 52
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by Model 52 »

I found 20 .32 ACP and 50 .380 ACP the other day in with some 9mm para.

I have well over 5,000 new 9mm Para cases and about that many once or twice fired cases left over from a buy about 10 years ago, so I normally don't bother picking them up. No need to be greedy.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Model 52 wrote:I found 20 .32 ACP and 50 .380 ACP the other day in with some 9mm para.

I have well over 5,000 new 9mm Para cases and about that many once or twice fired cases left over from a buy about 10 years ago, so I normally don't bother picking them up. No need to be greedy.

You could use the 9mm for trading stock. If you have a 9mm then you can load up on ammo for cheap. Seen Youtube videos that hoarders have thousands of rounds of 9mm that they bought at the store. Just think of how much that cost even buying the cheap stuff at $15 a box, they could have saved a ton reloading even buying Berry's or X-Treme bullets.
Je suis Charlie
Missionary
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Got stung by a honey bee on the right check when the little bugger smacked into my helmet rim and got lodged right there on my cheek. You can never get stopped fast enogh once they start drilling.
Mike in Peru
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by mr surveyor »

Missionary wrote:Good morning
Got stung by a honey bee on the right check when the little bugger smacked into my helmet rim and got lodged right there on my cheek. You can never get stopped fast enogh once they start drilling.
Mike in Peru

hhhmmmmm.... if it were me zipping down the road on a two wheeler (like that's gonna happen) and a bee got in my bonnet, I can assure you I would stop real fast. My saying back in my rodeo days was "it's not the fall that makes it hurt, it's just that sudden stop" :o

JD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.

Return to “Topic Bucket”