Well here is my setup ever so humble

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Well here is my setup ever so humble

Post by Ranch Dog »

TCups wrote:On vacation this week, but brought some portable equipment to finish up some 308 target loads at the beach.
Very cool, now that's a vacation! Welcome to the forum1
Michael
TCups
My Press Choice: Load-All

Well here is my setup ever so humble

Post by TCups »

At home, I reload in a spare bedroom, aka "the gun room"

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Perfect, sleep right where you work!
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

How is that Smart Reloader powder measure working for you? It looks a lot like a lower cost clone of the Hornady Autocharge.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Maximumbob54 wrote:How is that Smart Reloader powder measure working for you? It looks a lot like a lower cost clone of the Hornady Autocharge.
TCups, I like your detailed reply to Bob's question so I split it into a stand alone topic that can be viewed here:

Smartreloader iSD Automatic Powder Scale & Dispenser
Michael
Rooster59
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Rooster59 »

To avoid the light weight problem I used as much wood as possible and made it large. No space limitations since half of our unfinished basement is designated as the man/bird dog cave. Final assembly had to take place in the basement due to size and approximate 150lb weight.

The top is two sheets of 3/4" particle board liquid nailed together about 36"x78" with a full back from the underbench shelf to about 30" above the bench. A 2x8 was screwed full width under the front edge of the top for stiffness where the press plates are mounted

Shelf space was added to the upper back for die plates, four presses and powder measures mounted on Lee plates, cleaning supplies, components, etc. Instead of pvc stands I routered holes in the shelf that holds the turrets. They fit down into the shelf eliminating the extra loose stuff of stands.

The extra bench length made room for two Lee plate mounts and a MEC Sizemaster to remain mounted until it's time to clean long guns. Then everything can be removed and stored in about five minutes.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”