Well here is my setup ever so humble

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Well here is my setup ever so humble

Post by joec »

I have a very small area in a 10'x12' spare bedroom.

My main press is the Lee Classic Turret with Inline Fabrications roller handle setup.
IMG_0367_sm.jpg
My second press is the Lee Classic Cast which is shown using the RCBS Cowboy die for 12 ga brass shot shells I load with black powder.
Lee Classic Cast1_sm.jpg
My tool boxes stacked next to my selves.
IMG_1050_SM.jpg
My shelves
IMG_1051_SM.jpg

My bench which is simply a Stack-On I picked up cheap but easy to move if need be.
IMG_1053_SM.jpg
Last but not least is my gun cabinet which is why I reload in the first place.
IMG_1054_SM.jpg
From the gun cabinet and table lamp is a computer desk with my laptop and then a corner shelf system with my TV and some more loaded ammo and bullets yet to be loaded. I've never taken pictures of that but will eventually. The door to the left of the gun cabinet is a 1/2 bathroom with sink, toilet and shower.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
williamc

Re: Well here is my setup ever so humble

Post by williamc »

Nice setup! I especially like the moveable bench. If I ever move to reloading in a larger room, I'd like to have something I can reconfigure.

Do you have a link to where you got that roller handle? I have the same press, and the cheapo knob is the only part I don't like.

William
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

williamc wrote:Nice setup! I especially like the moveable bench. If I ever move to reloading in a larger room, I'd like to have something I can reconfigure.

Do you have a link to where you got that roller handle? I have the same press, and the cheapo knob is the only part I don't like.

William
Sure do William and recently ordered the short version for my Lee Classic Cast which is the same dia. as the Lee Classic Turret. I actually have the LCT arm on the LCC in the photo due to the slight bend in it.

http://www.inlinefabrication.com/LEE.html
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Really a nice setup Joe, like those handles.
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Is the Stack On bench heavy enough to not wobble when loading? I have a cheap 2x4 and plywood bench I made but it's so light I had to put concrete blocks in the bottom to hold it steady. It would be nice to move to something more realistic and less high school shop class. I don't have the greatest fabrication skills... :(
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Maximumbob54 wrote:Is the Stack On bench heavy enough to not wobble when loading? I have a cheap 2x4 and plywood bench I made but it's so light I had to put concrete blocks in the bottom to hold it steady. It would be nice to move to something more realistic and less high school shop class. I don't have the greatest fabrication skills... :(
It is light however the steel legs though about 16 ga are bent for strength but still light. I have sliders under mine so I can slide it out. The top is basically particle board and figured I would get a 1" oak table top but so far using the Lee bench plates it has held up will going on 2 years. I think I got this from Walmart for about $60. It has a top that is 20" x 42" but could be made wider and longer. The top screws on from the bottom with about 10 to 12 screws.
1015.png
Here is their site http://www.stack-on.com/categories/workbenches--4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

[I need to cut some pvc to hold my turret setups like you've done, i like that idea. Also like the black brackets your presses use to bolt to the table. Where did you get those?
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

357cyrus wrote:[I need to cut some pvc to hold my turret setups like you've done, i like that idea. Also like the black brackets your presses use to bolt to the table. Where did you get those?
The PVC is nothing but 3" ID and got a piece at Lowes 24" long. Just cut them all with a hand saw about 1 7/8" deep. As for the plates they are Lee Bench Plates. I bought two and they come with one metal base plate, a top plate drilled for all the Lee Presses, a couple of wood blocks not drilled and all hardware needed. In my case I bolted them to the top rather than use the lag bolts they gave me. The link is https://fsreloading.com/lee-precision-b ... 90251.html and they also sell the top steel plate also as a separate item for extras if you need more. Simply tighten down 4 Phillips screws hold the plates in tight and they don't move. The wood blocks will walk back on you over time without putting a hole in the front and through the place for it and drop a bolt or screwdriver through it. The metal ones have a raised section that locks them down.
Joe
TCups
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by TCups »

On vacation this week, but brought some portable equipment to finish up some 308 target loads at the beach.

joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

TCups wrote:On vacation this week, but brought some portable equipment to finish up some 308 target loads at the beach.

I also have and use the Lee Hand press at the range or meets between sessions to deprime with or load as needed.
Joe

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”