I like this forum

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

I like this forum

Post by Steve »

Like the topic says, I like this forum. It's a nice place to get away from Lee equipment bashing. I just signed off one forum with plans not to return because of it. When people don't like something they should just move on. Without lee equipment a lot of people wouldn't be in reloading.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: I like this forum

Post by akuser47 »

Agreed we try really hard make this a warm and enviting forum to share and learn in regardless of your background. The great people here all help in making it so.:grin:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I don't want to spend a fortune to cast and reload. If I had bought 5 Lyman molds it would have cost me $542.50 plus shipping from Midway but the Lee molds only cost me $100 plus shipping from Titan. Never used Lyman molds so can't say one is better than the other but Lee molds work fine for me so don't see the need to pay more.

What gets me is people will bash Lee because they are made from aluminum but pay top dollar for a custom aluminum mold made with Lee blanks. :shock:
Je suis Charlie
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

I totally agree.

Here in Germany, where we need an expensive licence to buy powder (in quanitites you would call "test samples") and to reload, everybody seems to be an expert and only the most expensive stuff is good enought for his high standards.

Unfortunately, 95% of winning is still be won by the competitor. If you are within the top 10% of the field, you might need to upgrade from middle class to high class equipment. But as a middle class competitor or even a recreational shooter, it just doesn't make a difference!

LEE products have their quirks, like all other brands. LEE has some really nice ideas, and solved some problems in an elegand and inexpensive way. Sure, a benchrest or long range shooter might need that Wilson die and the runout tester, or an IPSC shooter might need that Dillon 1050 progressive press with all dingdong and high power electrical connection.

I don't.

I'm a recreational shooter, and LEE is just the right choise for me. It's inexpensive, but it does what I expect it to do. Not more, but not less either.

Fact #385: Did you know, that 90% of LEE bashers never thouched a LEE product?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Fyodor wrote:Fact #385: Did you know, that 90% of LEE bashers never thouched a LEE product?
You are right Fyodor, I had not thought about that, but all my friends that bad talk my Lee equipment have never had Lee equipment. Frequently they get me to help them straighten out problems with thier other brand.

I use a RCBS Rock Chucker for some of the heavy work, it does ok but so would a Lee single stage. I have the rock chucker because I got it cheap, if I had to buy new at the time I got it, I would have bought a Lee and it would still be working too. I have decided when people in my classes ask what type of loading equipment to get I'm going to start recomending the Lee Clasic Turret Press.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

The classic turret is an excellent press. Even some people who bad talk LEE use and recommend it.

If they made a classic pro1000 that would be a blast!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Topic Bucket”