Loadmaster 2

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Loadmaster 2

Post by Steve »

Loadmaster #2 setup/finished running 40 s&w. It's a pleasure to run. The green measure is case operated, it's a drum type like the Lee Perfect Powder Measure, and is very acurate. It came with some other stuff I bought. Tubes are lengthend to hold 25 40s each. Takes only a few minutes to clamp everything to the top of the desk and it's ready to use.
LM2_40s-w1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Loadmaster 2

Post by akuser47 »

Nice it looks like an rcbs or even better a redding and if it is a redding those even used are not cheap for powder thrower so good work both regardless are nice n accurate redding even more so. Looks like you will be scavenging components to feed her now as it is easy to use em up fast just remeber if you run out of components you can always free cases up at the range lol
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Looks nice!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Very nice!!! The powder measurer looks like RCBS with the green tin cylinder.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Looks nice Steve! What did you use to extended the case tubes? Was the extension necessary for the collator to clear the powder dispenser?
Michael
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ranch Dog wrote:Looks nice Steve! What did you use to extended the case tubes? Was the extension necessary for the collator to clear the powder dispenser?
Before extending the tubes, when I loaded the collator I raised the ram so it didn't hit the measure when shacking it. It turned out to be a bonus that I don't have to raise it out of the way now.

I extended the tubes 2-1/2" with pieces from a spare tube. Then slit down 1 side of 1-1/4" long pieces from that same spare tube, slid them over the joint and taped them in place.

The only reason I did this is it helps me keep track of what I am loading without stopping to count rounds. I don't put them in boxes, just bulk containers that hold 500+ rounds.
Steve

Post by Steve »

62chevy wrote:Very nice!!! The powder measurer looks like RCBS with the green tin cylinder.
Yes it's the RCBS competition powder measure with the large drum for rifle loading. The micrometer really makes it easily adjustable even for as low as the 5 grains of Rex #2 I use for the 40.

Works good, I use it for the 40 and 223, but if you had to pay full price, you would have to want it awful bad because you could by a whole new Loadmaster for what it and the Hornady case activated linkage cost. I got by just fine with the Lee measures until I fell into the deal this measure came with. I did have to buy the linkage kit and a second lower half for the 223. Does it pay for itself? No, but it's nice to have.
Steve

Post by Steve »

This is how it stows away. right behind where the magazine rack/drink holder sets. The turrets and componets are stored in a closet opposite side of room. To set it up I put a piece of waxed paper on the desk, six c-clamps to hold it all down, oil the ram, grease the crank-slider rod, set the turret in, Its ready to use. Maybe 5 minutes if I take my time.
Where it is stored a gallon freezer bag around the lower parts protects the surroundings from oil I might have missed wiping off, and the yellow cover on the top half will keep the press clean. This whole project just went real smooth, I couldn't ask for it to work out any better. My wife even thinks it's pretty good. Now she knows I will keep the room neat for my reloading.

Once again, the dirty work (decapping, case cleaning, lubing and sizing of rifle cases) for my reloading is done out in my shop. All this press will do is load primed pistol cases. I will still load the rifle cases on Loadmaster #1 in the shop.

This type of setup would work out good in a lot of places where room is limited. I did it because I like the location and the air conditioning in the summer. Plus I won't have to heat up the shop to reload anymore, and I can still use the desk.
LM2store.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

nice outa sight and yet ready in a few minutes notice ready to load good work +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Steve

Post by Steve »

I just walked into the room, started the stopwatch, started digging things out to setup the press for use. Fumbled a couple times and it took 6-1/2 minutes to setup from everything being put away. I guess even if I fumble a couple things when I'm used to it I will easily have it lubed and be cranking out bullets within 10 minutes from starting with everything stowed away.

My wife looked pleased that everything doesn't have to be permanently set up. Guess I like looking at good equipment more than her.

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”