Portable press mount

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Portable press mount

Post by Steve »

I took the press and my chronograph to the range to work on a 40 s&w load this morning. Forgot to take the camera, but I have another batch number of the same kind of powder to work up a load with. When I take that I will remember the camera. Took a few pics with the phone, but don't have internet service for the phone to download the pics.

It took me 11 minutes to get the press and componets setup on the shooting bench. Loaded 4 different loads based on my powder measure settings. (I new where max setting was for this powder on my measure) Plus I started a little low and worked up. One of the loads had the velocity I wanted, spread and diviation were real low.

With the press setting right there it was easy to load more of the good load to test accuracy. I wish I would have mounted my other Loadmaster this way. It would have saved me a lot of trips back and forth to the range with test loads.

I could of went in the loading shack and used a 650, but by golly I like using the loadmaster, plus oal and crimp are already set on my press.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Steve that is great idea and now you are making me think I should take my Turret press to the range,lol.

Try using Bluetooth to load pictures on your computer, that's what I do but after changing desktops it quit working.
Je suis Charlie
Steve
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

62chevy wrote:Steve that is great idea and now you are making me think I should take my Turret press to the range,lol.

Try using Bluetooth to load pictures on your computer, that's what I do but after changing desktops it quit working.
+guns Yep this setup works better than I ever thought it would. Cases are already primed so I don't have to keep track of little rolling around things, plus if the press isn't perfectly level it's not fouling up a primer feed cuz it ain't there. :D Case feeder worked good at the range too. I think there probably isn't too many people that take a loadmaster to the range with them.

If you do similar to what I did you would be glad you laminated a couple pieces of wood together. My other loadmaster is bolted to a single piece of 3/4 oak, it flexes. I cant see any flex in this laminated base I am using.

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”