Lee Pro 1000 Sensor Clip problem

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
hp246
My Press Choice: Progressive

Lee Pro 1000 Sensor Clip problem

Post by hp246 »

Hoping someone can help me cause Lee sure can't. I have a Lee Pro 1000 set up for .45 Colt. Because I double check each round for proper powder drop (Have had problems with this before), I only send one case around at a time. I have a primer loading onto the primer pin, even when a case does not activate the sensor. This causes primer to flip out of the primer slot all over my loading bench. I called Lee, and the best they can tell me is that I should watch the video on their web site. I install the sensor clip exactly as shown, and the problem persists. If I flip the sensor clip around backwards, it keeps the primer pin from going down far enough to load a primer on the pin. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lee Pro 1000 Sensor Clip problem

Post by Fyodor »

Sorry for the late reply.

I do not experience the same problem, but I think I understand where it comes from. The sensor is a very fragile and non sturdy design. If it is bent (which it can and will do over time), the force applied to the clip might not be enough to reset the primer lifter. But I would expect it to not feed a primer instead of feeding all the time.

When you run the press without a case, can you see what the sensor does? What happens when you reset it manually?

EDIT:
I guess you read the LEE FAQ on this topic?
http://leeprecision.net/support/index.p ... xplanation
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”