Lee Ultimate Turret press

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Ultimate Turret press

Post by horseman »

Something else I'm wondering about, It looks like you may have to unbolt the top part to change/replace the tool head (turret), hence the "twisty" parts for the dies. Perhaps a more "solid" engagement, less movement?? Still has to have some clearance though for rotation. Hmmm? It definitely is a lot bigger press than the Classic.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

Looks more like a progressive than a plain turret press...
Ben Nelson

Post by Ben Nelson »

Product release timing maybe a sign from the reloading gods . . . I've been eyeballin' a Redding T7, but now I can get a 6-hole Lee turret. Well, well, well . . .
Sons of the American Revolution . . . We're still here.
Royce

Post by Royce »

Got mine yesterday and set it up today. I think this one is going to be around a long time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Probably going to be a few used LCT's coming for sale in the close future. Think I'll just keep mine, not loading enough pistol rounds to warrant a new press at this time and I load my rifle rounds on a single stage. If I didn't have a turret press (I have two) I'd be all over this one though.

EDIT: Nice looking setup Royce, let us know how it works for you and what you think of it after you use it a bit.
Royce

Post by Royce »

So the literature that came with it said the Lee bullet feeder die was intended for one of the stations. I instead put in my powder charge indicator die. The primer supply is going to be some adjustment period but otherwise I like everything about it. The case kicker and the red plastic box are awesome.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I don't use a powder cop die with my Turret presses, don't see the need, the case is right in front of me and I can see the powder level easily. I DID use them when I was running progressive presses though. Still have two of them stored with my other die sets. But if it fits your style that's good there's room for it. I also have a Hornady 9mm bullet feed die along with a Bully adapter with 4 tubes for bullets that I never liked and don't use. No use for that either, just taking up space. hmmm, think I'll send it to Larry W cause I'm pretty sure he don't need it either..... :lol:
larryw

Post by larryw »

horseman wrote: 19 Feb 2024 17:20 I'll send it to Larry W cause I'm pretty sure he don't need it either..... :lol:
What 'ya saying I don't need it?? You know better than that, I need everything??? Well??
Maybe Want??
Desire??
OH BS !!!!!
I'm just a pack rat & you know it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Royce

Post by Royce »

horseman wrote: 19 Feb 2024 17:20 I don't use a powder cop die with my Turret presses, don't see the need, the case is right in front of me and I can see the powder level easily. I DID use them when I was running progressive presses though. Still have two of them stored with my other die sets. But if it fits your style that's good there's room for it. I also have a Hornady 9mm bullet feed die along with a Bully adapter with 4 tubes for bullets that I never liked and don't use. No use for that either, just taking up space. hmmm, think I'll send it to Larry W cause I'm pretty sure he don't need it either..... :lol:
I could probably leave that station empty and instead buy a light kit so I could simply see the powder in the case. Guess I am just lazy.
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

horseman wrote: 18 Feb 2024 17:51 Probably going to be a few used LCT's coming for sale in the close future. Think I'll just keep mine, not loading enough pistol rounds to warrant a new press at this time and I load my rifle rounds on a single stage. If I didn't have a turret press (I have two) I'd be all over this one though.

EDIT: Nice looking setup Royce, let us know how it works for you and what you think of it after you use it a bit.
Same here. Just started using the Classic last year after 20 some years on a single.

Return to “Turret”