Replaced the clutch on my Six /Pack Pro, didn't help

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

Replaced the clutch on my Six /Pack Pro, didn't help

Post by Royce »

I thought for sure the clutch must be the problem. The Six Pack Pro depends on the clutch and the twisted piece of flat steel to effect timing. I replaced the clutch because the twisted flat steel looked good. I don't know what to do except call Lee next week.

The old clutch is on the left, a spare new one on the right. They look the same to me. Ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Royce on 12 Jan 2024 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
BrianT
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Replaced the clutch on my Six /Pack Pro, didn't help

Post by BrianT »

I don't have a Six Pack Pro, but the construction looks similar to the Pro 4000.
Some indexing issues with the 4000 have been fixed by running cases up into the installed dies, then loosening the 3 allen head bolts holding the tool head on, just enough for the tool head to rotate a little, then re-tighten the bolts. There are a couple YouTube videos of people doing this, and I have done it on my Pro 4000.
Just something simple to try...
Good Luck
Brian
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

You might want to reiterate what the issue is since this is a new topic.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Royce

Post by Royce »

BrianT wrote: 13 Jan 2024 05:35 I don't have a Six Pack Pro, but the construction looks similar to the Pro 4000.
Some indexing issues with the 4000 have been fixed by running cases up into the installed dies, then loosening the 3 allen head bolts holding the tool head on, just enough for the tool head to rotate a little, then re-tighten the bolts. There are a couple YouTube videos of people doing this, and I have done it on my Pro 4000.
Just something simple to try...
Good Luck
Brian
For those joining this new topic I am having timing issues with my new Lee Six Pack Pro. The clutch is the same part used on the Pro 1000 and the Pro 4000. Brian I will try that and see if it helps.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Royce, I haven't had issues yet, but looking to stock spare parts for mine, I ordered the "driver clutch" and also the "driven clutch". Maybe a problem with the "driven" piece?
Royce

Post by Royce »

Bill Moore wrote: 13 Jan 2024 08:56 Royce, I haven't had issues yet, but looking to stock spare parts for mine, I ordered the "driver clutch" and also the "driven clutch". Maybe a problem with the "driven" piece?
What is the part number of that piece?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Royce

Post by Royce »

OK two of those on order. Weird that Lee doesn't mention that part in their parts list. Also I did not find that part on my machine so that may be the issue.
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

I haven't been into mine, I haven't loaded 2K rounds yet, I just tried to buy whatever spares I could find. Lee support wasn't any help when asked about necessary spares!
Nothing worse than needing to load a couple hundred rounds, and the press quits.
Royce

Post by Royce »

Bill Moore wrote: 14 Jan 2024 09:17 I haven't been into mine, I haven't loaded 2K rounds yet, I just tried to buy whatever spares I could find. Lee support wasn't any help when asked about necessary spares!
Nothing worse than needing to load a couple hundred rounds, and the press quits.
Agree, that's why I don't mind spending a few bucks on spares. The stuff will wear out one day. I just need to figure out what the problems are.

Return to “Progressive”