MY FURNACE'S SETUP

Precision Melter, Magnum Melter, Production Pot IV, and Pro 4-20
MikeW1
My Press Choice: Progressive

MY FURNACE'S SETUP

Post by MikeW1 »

Evolved over many years and likely after a suggestion in a letter from Dennis Marshall that I might
Aug23-2-REZ.jpg
try stacking 2 pots.t

First add-on was the box/shelf to mount and secure the top pot to feed the lower one.
Then a smooth piece of AL with a rounded edge and a spacer to get the spout about 1/4" above the pouring hole. The pour pot
slides between slides, forward to cast or flux, and to the rear to add lead from the feeder pot above. Knobs on the sides of
the wood spacer assist in the movement.

The smooth surface of the new "floor" makes it easier to position the mould for pouring the lead or sweeping drips off over
the curved front edge where they're caught in a removeable box for remelting later on.

I did make an adjustible mould guide but seldom use it. 2 puck lights take care of the work area and a bulb up in homemade
exhaust hood lets me peer into both pots. The shelves on the pot tops don't get used anymore. Moulds both heat up or rest on a
PID controlled hot plate and both pots are also on PID's.

Warned you all. I'm windy and love my toys. Throw the switches and when the little lights go on I am going to get good bullets
long as I maintain the "feel" for the all important rate of the flow. Enough of my wind for now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
John Adams 1826
walterlaich
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: MY FURNACE'S SETUP

Post by walterlaich »

very nicely done!

I've found that at 77 I'm pretty much "done" by the time the pot runs down--25-35 minutes depending on the size of the bullets cast.
RVN/Cambodia War Games: 2nd Place

Return to “Melters & Furnaces”