Photo help

Please start here!
MikeW1
My Press Choice: Progressive

Photo help

Post by MikeW1 »

I've posted photos elsewhere on the web but this board eludes my thick head. I know enough to keep the size small and they are in jpg format. Am I needing some permission to upload something to a new topic or just who do I ask about this. The process appears to be entirely different than any forum I've ever been on. Thank you.
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
John Adams 1826
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Photo help

Post by Ranch Dog »

First Topic in The Basics - Registration, Rules, and Information Forum. I also moved this out of the Casting forum to this same forum.
Michael
MikeW1

Post by MikeW1 »

Thus far I've been unable to find that first screen in your tutorial. Looked at all the fonts and other icons above the message screen.
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
John Adams 1826
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, some things have changed, and I just haven't had the time to redo things.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Seems like the pic was posted.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Howdy Michael, hope all is well, OK out here. I did notice something "wrong/missing" ??
Noticed that all time favorite video of me & others is missing?? You know??
The full "Retirement" video?? I know, I know... Shut up & take a nap Larry !! :D
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Why, in this day and age when most all forums on the internet allow one to download a photo from one's computer, or a file sharing site, without a song and dance to limit file size, one has to here? This is the first forum I've had to change file size to post pics! (I am on several!)
Is it the old forum technology? What would it cost to upgrade to be able to load photos like most all other forums?
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

larryw wrote: 31 Aug 2023 14:03Noticed that all time favorite video of me & others is missing??
Lots of photos were lost in the move. It was discussed a few weeks ago.
Bill Moore wrote: 07 Mar 2024 17:46Why, in this day and age when most all forums on the internet allow one to download a photo from one's computer, or a file sharing site, without a song and dance to limit file size, one has to here? This is the first forum I've had to change file size to post pics! (I am on several!). Is it the old forum technology? What would it cost to upgrade to be able to load photos like most all other forums?
Maybe you didn't know this forum was put into a virtual comma due to technical issues and we're fortunate it was reborn.

Let me shed some light on your post. Downloading a file from one's computer is different than using a hosting site. When you "download a photo from one's computer" to post on a site, you're UP-loading it to that site's server. Then that forum is storing the file and its size then matters. If you are posting (NOT downloading) a file from a file sharing site, the forum server doesn't do anything but display the image or video via the hosting site's link. It takes no server storage room. Wanna post a big pic? Not sure the size limit of posting an actual hosted image (if there is one), but using a hosting service is the key.

That's not the only reason to do so. The a fore mentioned topic had some complaints about pics being lost off THIS forum. That's because instead of hosting and/or backing up their computers, pics were posted straight from the PCs to here. When they lost files off their own computer AND this forum had to be rebuilt, they lost their pics.

I don't EVER post pics on ANY forum using their server. I haven't resized a pic to post in 15 years. Here's a random picture post I did not resize.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Return to “Registration, Rules, and Information”