A Lee success story from another Forum

This forum is for members to relate their Lee Precision customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with Lee Precision nor is Lee Precision responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

A Lee success story from another Forum

Post by Royce »

I thought this was cool so I am sharing it here:

Lee Customer Service
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: A Lee success story from another Forum

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yep, very impressive story!
Michael
BrianT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by BrianT »

That's strange, because I talked to them a few weeks ago about one of my Loadmasters, how it has really gotten sloppy, between the ram and frame, and they told me the same thing except, they would give me 50% of what I paid for my Loadmaster, so $119.00 towards another press...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Did they ask how long you had it? I've had a couple of mine since the start, I can't image them giving me full value for them.
Michael
BrianT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by BrianT »

No, but I could have mentioned in one of my emails, that it is 4-5 years old. I replaced the lever and the yoke pin, and it tightened up quite a bit. I'll see this winter, when I start using it again.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

That would be very strange.

I needed replacement parts for a mold and some spares for my presses. Since I live in Germany, I waited some time, to accumulate enough parts to make the shipping worth the parts.

Just one day (!) before I sent off my order, they changed their spare part policy. And they were absolutely fixed on that. I needed to send in all broken or missing (!) parts, in order to get a free replacement. How was I supposed to send in a part that was missing at all? Not their problem. Sending in a 6$ decapping pin would cost me 40$ in shipping? Not their problem.

I had some lengthy discussion with LEE customer service, including the guy who was responsible for these changes. Even a picture of the broken part, or of the mold with the part missing, would not qualify for a replacement part. I was requested to send in the broken parts and the mold with the part missing. And this policy was introduced just one day prior. I had asked for part numbers I didn't find two days earlier, but because of time zones my actual order after I got the answer followed two days later. The nice lady who helped me there didn't inform me of that change just one day before it took effect, and she didn't even know about that change at that time.

I ended up paying for all of my spare parts myself. The times of good and fast customer service are over, at least for overseas customers. Nobody will send in 5$ worth of parts for 40$ shipping costs, just to save the 5$.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Lee Precision Customer Service Experiences”