square rachet

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
reloader762
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: square rachet

Post by reloader762 »

I've used my Lee 4 hole turret for around four years now, but haven't had to replace the square ratchet yet. Sometimes you need to adjust the indexing manually so that it indexes properly, which is under the Die Instillation instructions Part B in the manual. I also lubricate the indexing rod with a little CLP using my finger, occasionally, just to keep thing running smooth. I also polished my indexing rod with some 0000 steel wool and oil to remove any burrs that might affect the indexing.

Alternative way to adjust the indexing.
The Reloaders Network discord Channel
https://discord.gg/Nafuzht
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

GasGuzzler wrote: 24 Jul 2022 03:10 I had to replace my square drive plastic thingie once.
And I have never had to adjust anything.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Royce

Post by Royce »

farmerjim wrote: 24 Jul 2022 06:16 I have had to replace mine(lee 4 hole classic turret press square ratchet auto index) twice. I bought 10 of them about 12 years ago for less than 50 cents each, But I now see them at around 2 bucks at several places.
Glad I stocked up big on reloading supplies years ago.
Yep I find the plastic parts wear out and need to be replaced occasionally. I found a guy on eBay who prints them himself and they sell very inexpensively.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret

Return to “Turret”