All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Classic Turret Press

Post by RBHarter »

Not a bash .

Final fit and finish QC has long been the major saving point key I Lee tools .
It's not a big deal for most of the tools that just need a rough edge knocked off or a little run wear to settle down. It's when parts just plain don't fit or work that it becomes a problem.
The new move to Internet sales tax has been kind of a shot at Lee's desire to meet customer service needs .

I didn't start with a Lee press , I've had at least 4 of the progressives , 2 of the 3 holes and 1 of the 4 hole presses and a Load Master . I've just never been able to warm up to them . I ran 1200 45 ACP through the last one , size , and flair with 2 sets of dies in the 4 holer , then loaded full run about 200 more ....... I don't know what it is it just doesn't work ...... The LM was great ......then it wasn't and it was awful. Mostly I suspect because it was a tool I just didn't have the patience to fuss with it every time I got it out to run .

I do have a number of dies sets and more bullet moulds that function well and deliver what I need and do it well . I don't mind spending the time once to dress up a tool that costs 1/3 or less if it works . The 10-30 minutes I spend with a mould or die set is worth the savings most of the time .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Turret”