USPS Shipping Woes Christmas 2020

The little red box that started it all!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: USPS Shipping Woes Christmas 2020

Post by GasGuzzler »

The one that has passed through my town twice ... well make that three. After it went to OKC it came back through to Dallas (again) and then to Ft. Worth (again).

Grapevine
Gainesville
Dallas
Dallas
Ft. Worth
OKC
OKC
Dallas
Ft. Worth
Gainesville

That makes sense
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Green Frog »

Yesterday I had three items in my mailbox, the Christmas Ornament that shipped 11/24, and had been stuck between three distribution centersWest of Chicago, a book I ordered three weeks ago, and a holster I ordered about two weeks ago. Still waitin on some gun part for my S&W 635 and a rifle barrel (that’s been out around DC since 12/8 or so.). Apparently once people stopped ordering for Christmas they decided to start delivering the Christmas orders. Order now for Easter! :S

Froggie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Got the well traveled beauty products but what I sent Lee on 11-25 in a Priority Small Flat Rate Box is still "arriving late".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Dale53

Post by Dale53 »

We got a Christmas card yesterday that had been mailed (First Class) six weeks ago! I used to run a Sub`Post Office back in the fifties and early sixties and I cannot EVER remember such lousy performance that I am hearing regarding the Post Office. Pathetic!

FWIW
Dale53
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

A fellow sent a box to me 50 miles south of Ft Smith Ar from 50 mi south of Tulsa I didn't track it but the label said delivery date 1/4 .......I got it out of the mailbox on 1/14 .......oops I guess ...
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

well, for at least 40 years I'd been waiting on that notification of the big check coming from Publisher's Clearing House .... then someone reminded me that you had to actually enter to win ...

I know for sure I've "entered" for a few things in that length of time that took several weeks to finally find me. About 10 years ago was waiting for an order from Natchez coming from the East and tracked it finally getting to Shrevesport, LA (about 50 miles East of me), then it went right down I-20 (about 6 miles North of me) to get to Dallas .... then to Oklahoma City, OK .... then somewhere else (can't remember) before it got to the area distribution center in Longview, TX (12 miles North of me) ... got it from them the next day. It actually took only two weeks or so for a 4 day delivery schedule.

I'm really to the point of not even trying to buy it if I can't physically inspect it, pay for it and walk out of the store with it in real time. I ain't adjusting to this virtual world very well ... and don't won't to.

Yep, I'm gettin' old and cranky pretty fast ... now, get off my lawn! :)

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Started a process online the first week of January to locate the package. The Post Master at the destination PO (this seems wrong) called me to tell me he didn't have the package. I knew that. He advised I talk to my Post Master here. I did that. He suggested I file an insurance claim. I did that...three times as the crappy USPS website logged me out every time I had to stop to scan in and attach a document. Then at completion of the claim, it had three claims filed for one shipment. Had to fix all that then submit. A few days ago I got a letter in the mail (not an email) stating they were rejecting my claim (for the amount of postage and the replacement value of the contents) because the date of purchase was after the ship date.

Yes, they are saying they cannot reimburse me for the money I spent to replace the item they lost OR my postage because I bought the replacement AFTER they lost it...
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

Wow! I guess I'm fortunate that I rarely have any problems like those above. The worst for us has been mail traveling a few hundred miles to reach a destination 4 miles from our home. We live in an area, actually two towns separated by a river, but all uses the same city, zip address. We used to have a small PO on our side of the river and if we sent mail to the north side of the river the mail had to go to Portland , about 320 miles, then back down to the destination just 4 miles from where it was mailed.
sonic306090

Post by sonic306090 »

Midway is very quick with delivery to Chicago, Titan Reloading is the Best! at my house in 2 days!
OPTICS PLANET is the worst Ever! waited 3 weeks for an in stock item to ship, After asking about it every week, I finally decided to cancel (they didn't care) and found Titan reloading, At my house in 2 days.
Thank you for any advice!
Mark 9mm
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

In person visit to my PO yesterday provided zero in return. Their advice now is to write a letter to the USPS.

Yes, that was the suggestion.

Return to “Lee Loader®”