New Turret Press

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
reloader762
My Press Choice: Turret

New Turret Press

Post by reloader762 »

After forty years of cranking away on my old Lyman Orange Crusher I broke down ad order myself a Lee Classic Cast Turret press about a month ago. I've reloaded about 500 rds. of 9 mm and 45 ACP on it so far with excellent results. I installed the Lee bench plate on my reloading table an added another plate so I could mount my old Lyman press if I need it for anything.

Last edited by reloader762 on 11 Jun 2021 05:10, edited 2 times in total.
The Reloaders Network discord Channel
https://discord.gg/Nafuzht
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: News Turret Press

Post by Macd »

Great press.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: New Turret Press

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great choice; that is hard to beat!
Michael
reloader762

Post by reloader762 »

Just an update. I'm really loving this press. It has really sped up my reloading process not having to switch dies out for every step reloading a particular cartridge. I've pretty much been focused on 9 mm and 45 ACP but will be starting on 38 special and 357 Mag. next to get my stash up to a reasonable level.

I like to run the FCD on my 9 mm and 45 ACP loads so I ended up taking a turret and putting all my pistol resizing and decapping dies on one removing the indexing rod and just using it like a single stage press and prime the cases while I'm at it.

After I get my supply of 38 / 357 Mag. loaded up I want to try some rifle rds. I'll be loading 7.62 × 39 and 54r as well as 300 Sav. 30-30 and 30-06 all cast lead loads, are there any issues loading any of the rifle rds. on the turret press that I should be on the look out for? I do plan on running a single turret for resizing and decapping as I do on pistol rds. because I'll be using a NOE expand plug to expand and flair the case neck an mouth before I do the powder drop with a Hornady powder drop die.
The Reloaders Network discord Channel
https://discord.gg/Nafuzht
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

It's been quite a long while since I had one, but if I remember correctly to reload some of the longer rifle cases you have to remove the black collar. Since you say you remove the index rod anyway it wouldn't matter. You just index by hand as you already know. Good way to run that press by the way in my view. I'm not sure why I don't have one on my bench any longer, would be handy for some of the things I do. I'm sure trying to find one at this point in time would be like trying to find Unicorn droppings.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Love mine!! I think mine is called the value turret, doesn't have the red base, just maybe a inch thick steel.
Lubed with Vaseline, it's as slick & easy as can be. Only had one problem for me.
When the index rod came down against the base the racket just raked on my nerve. I cut a piece of
the soft side of Velcro & stuck it to the base under the rod. No more problem. Best of luck.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
RCWarjet
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by RCWarjet »

Just got notified by MidwayUSA that the value turret press is back in stock today, $89.99 shipped free this week.
rimrock

Post by rimrock »

My turret is listed in my new user profile as my favorite because it gets the most use. But, iWork through problems and size bullets on my single stage.

Return to “Turret”