Looking for a older primer holder for a loadmaster

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
James Hensler
My Press Choice: Progressive

Looking for a older primer holder for a loadmaster

Post by James Hensler »

I have a loadmaster and love it but I need to come up with a solution for my primers getting stuck in the new 3.0 holder. I have several and they all do it! They work on my ABL but the angle of the loadmaster is different and not as steep. I want to try the older round model but Lee doesn’t sell them anymore. Anyone have 1-2 they might sell me?
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Looking for a older primer holder for a loadmaster

Post by horseman »

James Hensler wrote:I have a loadmaster and love it but I need to come up with a solution for my primers getting stuck in the new 3.0 holder. I have several and they all do it! They work on my ABL but the angle of the loadmaster is different and not as steep. I want to try the older round model but Lee doesn’t sell them anymore. Anyone have 1-2 they might sell me?

The little "tab" can be a bit tricky, are you sure you're getting it set to the feed primers position. I have inadvertently dumped all of them out of the tray on at "least" one occasion....you know, where it says "open".... :oops:
James Hensler

Post by James Hensler »

Yes it is in the right position and the primers will somewhat feed then they pile up and clog and won’t come out
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

James Hensler wrote:Yes it is in the right position and the primers will somewhat feed then they pile up and clog and won’t come out
When the ram goes up and down does the primer system "shake" as it supposed to?? I have 6 or 7 of those trays and they all work o.k.
James Hensler

Post by James Hensler »

Sir I know but mine doesn’t! The bumps doesn’t agitate the tray enough to keep them flowing. Open your tray and look at the sliding mechanism. My primers get jammed on all 3 of mine around the Flat base and won’t go any farther. Put it on my Auto Breech Lock Pro and they fall into place because there is more gravity
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

James Hensler wrote:Sir I know but mine doesn’t! The bumps doesn’t agitate the tray enough to keep them flowing. Open your tray and look at the sliding mechanism. My primers get jammed on all 3 of mine around the Flat base and won’t go any farther. Put it on my Auto Breech Lock Pro and they fall into place because there is more gravity

Well, I hope you find a solution.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been running the Load-Master since the '90s and have been through all of the primer assemblies and trays. This one and a spare cover seem to have survived the cut.

I don't have the spring clip that held them on to the tray. You see, that was the problem with the round trays, they loved jumping off of the primer assembly or letting the cover rattle off the tray. Can't tell you how many times I had primers all over my bench with the round trays.

The yellowed cover is older. It has the hole in it where the clip went in, the bottom end clipped in a slot of the assembly chute. You cannot see it, but the new cover is marked so you can drill the hole, but these had a newer spring clip that ran from the chute slot to the lower right tray clip. It supposedly kept the cover rotated to the locked position and applied pressure to keep the tray from jumping off. It didn't work well either.

Honestly, I had a bunch of these and threw them all in the garbage. Somehow these survived. I'm using the latest primer trays without issues on my four LMs.

PM me your address and I will send them to you.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

WAIT!

My LCT came with the round one. I've mildly complained about it flipping. I realize I need the tiny RED zip tie. Isn't this the same primer as my LCT came with? Well I bought an NOS set in the box just for keeps because the triangle ones look wrong and the round ones are hard to find (I got it complete with all parts for nickels).

Sorry if I added confusion. I have no idea what the hole is for.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
James Hensler

Post by James Hensler »

Could you send some pics to
941-539-1519
James Hensler

Post by James Hensler »

Micheal I received them today! Thank you very much and I will see if that helps.

Return to “Progressive”