Reloader press

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Reloader press

Post by daboone »

The only short coming of this little C-frame press is getting all the spent primers to go into the slot in the frame. After awhile these strays jam up against the frame and ram to the point they require digging out. If any of you geniuses have a fix please post it.
Last edited by daboone on 16 Jan 2014 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Reloader press

Post by Ranch Dog »

I wore mine out using it strictly for decapping and bullet sizing. The bullet sizing for a decade is what got to it. I just loosed it up on the bench and stuck the slotted nozzle on the vacuum hose to it to empty the spent primers.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Well I went to work on the problem and improved the spent primer catching to 1 flyer in 100.

I simply smoothed up the burrs around the edges of the slot and ground a slight downward slant bottom of the slot in the frame. You can't really open the slot up but a little rotary tool grinding sure cleans it up and ended the problem for me. 8-)

I still keep it mounted on 3 3/8in copper pipe couplings which provides a space for a tin container catcher.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Missionary
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
That raised platform idea would be a winner for doing alot of depriming. Have one here in Peru and seldom have to do more than 100 at a time due to my need to ration componets which must be scrounged.
Mike in Peru

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”