Special ordered some dies for my Rossi 92s!

50 BMG, Collet, and steel reloading dies plus the Factory Crimp Dies. Also, discussions concerning the Deluxe, Pacesetter, and RGB die sets.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Special ordered some dies for my Rossi 92s!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Really glad to see the special orders back at Lee. I ordered the Bottlenecked Cartridge Factory Crimp Die for my R92s chambered in 454 Casull and 480 Ruger. The BCFCD is more like the standard collet type FCD except that the collet is inverted and acts against the top of the die barrel. Works well with short cartridges for applying the collet style crimp. In fact, when I introduced the collet style FCDs for the 357 Mag, 41 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt through my store, Lee and I talked about whether to make them as traditional FCDs or BCFCDs. There was some concern over using the FCD with such a short collet that it might have a life limit but In the end, I thought that a guy would rather buy a $25 die over a $40 die.

Anyway, been using a bullet seating die to set the crimp but will soon have new dies to do that.
Michael
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Special ordered some dies for my Rossi 92s!

Post by Steelbanger »

Good morning RD,

FYI, Lee has many custom LFC dies, both straight wall & bottleneck cases, on their closeout page. http://leeprecision.com/custom-factory- ... -overruns/

Frank
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear from you Frank. I think what Lee is doing is when they get a custom order for a particular die they and think it a good idea, they must being making a run of them rather than the single die. At least that would make sense to me.
Michael
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

I scanned the Lee offerings and lo and behold there's collet FCD's for .357 mag and .44 mag. That should be the answer to all the naysayers across the www that claim the LFCD unwantedly resizes their "oversized" cast bullets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I've emailed them about just making that s standard option and I never got a reply back.

Return to “Rifle”