Bench chair height?

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!

Bench chair height?

Postby kaycee » 12 Jan 2020 01

Through a divorce, stuff in storage and moves I'm finally in my forever home (yay!). Somewhere along the way my reloading stool disappeared, so I'm looking to replace it with something comfortable. My bench is 37" tall and I'd like something with some cushion for my 240#, 6' frame. Anyone have a 'must-have'stool? Thanks!
kaycee

My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Bench chair height?

Postby farmerjim » 12 Jan 2020 06

I sit on an old wooden chair I got back in the 70's. The Denham Springs High school cafeteria was remodeling and getting rid of their old furniture. I bought several chairs from them at $1 each. I still have 2 of them, and one is at my loading bench.
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter

My Press Choice: Turret

Postby RBHarter » 12 Jan 2020 10

Being the modern age and all , an adjustable office chair might be the easiest .

26-28" bar stools might do the trick . I have a 36" breakfast nook and table chairs are way too short . But a hydraulic/spring adjustable office chair is close .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

My Press Choice: Single Stage

Postby larryw » 12 Jan 2020 11

RBHarter wrote:Being the modern age and all , an adjustable office chair might be the easiest .

26-28" bar stools might do the trick . I have a 36" breakfast nook and table chairs are way too short . But a hydraulic/spring adjustable office chair is close .

+1
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

My Press Choice: Single Stage

Postby mr surveyor » 12 Jan 2020 20

It might take some looking, but if you can find a good used stable drafting table stool I bet it would work perfectly for that height work bench. Being equipped with a lot of surveying and drafting equipment gathered over the last 40 years or so, I've been able to re-purpose a whole lot of "work related" stuff to my shooting "fun stuff".

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member

My Press Choice: Hand Press

Return to Show Us Your Bench!