Banned

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Banned

Post by mikld »

In the reloading sub forum. I won't mention his name, but his initials/screen name is Iowegan. He has a vast amount of knowledge on guns and reloading, but is ...., well .... never mind.

Yep, it is extremely difficult to tell an engineer anything, BTDT. ;)
kerrek

Post by kerrek »

Why I don't belong to very many forums! Everyone on most forums is a self proclaimed GURU! If you don't buy into their thought processes, you don't belong there!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

There was a shorter Colts for about 90 days .
The long probably stuck as a result of the Schofield . The Colts was a skinny rim S&W/Schofield ......... Moving along so I don't stir it up ........

Hard cast ......I was recently set straight about that . Appearently if it has anything but tin in it it's hard cast ....... Umm ok whatever , my super bullets that tip toe around AC lino in the barrel but expand on target like AC WW .

Welcome to the forum , a land of knowledge and learning .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

I left that forum several years ago just because of the b.s. that was lauded as infallible. Too bad, because a fair amount of decent info could be found.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

I typed in the first comment right after you posted it but must have pressed preview rather submit. So I just now figured that out so here it goes again....

I don't blame them for banning you because you are always picking fights, using very dismissive comments and are just plan mean just like me and Larry and horseman and everybody else on this site. ;)

You never belonged there so just stick it out here with all of us ignorant Lee Lovers. That why we get along so well because we don't fit in with the snobs and know it alls. We, because of our ignorance, like learning and continuing our life long pursuit of education on how to do it better or differently or improving our skills. So personally I'm glad you can spend more time here with us pig headed low life Lee lovers. :D
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:low life Lee lovers
Love it, might have to rename the forum to this!
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Thanks for the information on the Colt cartridges. I have read all I can find on the various "Short" versions the Schofield and the .455. My 6th edition COTW is deficient in this regard. It is always a good day when you learn something new. Thankfully I have many good days :)
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

MacD that is an obscure 3rd hand reference . The Colts rimmed Schofield length ammunition was an Arsenal thing circa 1896-98 . The Schofield rims are wider and wouldn't chamber in the Colts SAA , it didn't last long as the 45s were on the way out being replaced with the 38 long . If I remember the information correctly there were only about 5,000 rounds made .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I trolled the site looking for the topic and couldn't find. I threw in my words a couple places with no recourse.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
mikld

Post by mikld »

Wow daboone, I'm glad I read your post all the way through! I got half way into it and started to cry, I wasn't wanted here either! But reading the whole post I'm proud to be a "deplorable Lee user". I've been called "Fan Boy", "cheap", and "unsophisticated" for my use and opinions of Lee equipment, but now I wear those names as a badge of honor, thanks to this forum...

My discussion on that other forum was partly about the term "Long Colt" and I do understand the history, but my main point was today in the 21st century SAAMI, and 5 of my reloading manuals do not recognize the term/cartridge (I only looked at 5 manuals), all data and info are for 45 Colt, and it seems the only "Long Colt" users are new users and ammo manufacturers...

For the last 25 years of y carer I worked in a Heavy Equipment Repair facility for a large city water and power dept, and the mechanics were very well paid. I saw first hand "Tool Snobs" at their best; $6,000.00 tool chests, $100.00 wrench sets, "cool" brand names and the attitude that went with it. Some chose their tools, not by how well they worked, but by what theie favorite NASCAR pit crew or favorite TV motorcycle builder used. Some made their choice by how much their tools cost ("if it costs the most, it's gotta be best, right?"), and I think some even liked the tool man's truck. Just like my reloading equipment/tools, my work tools covered most all manufacturers; Snap-On, MAC, Matco, Craftsman, Proto, Williamd and some other specialized tools I can't remember right now, mainly because I bought tools that worked. All my Lee tools work. Perhaps because I'm a life long machinist/mechanic I have no trouble using tools, as they are meant to work, and I have had "problems" with only one Lee tool in 30 years of use; a 45 ACP flaring die didn't have enough "flare"...

Michael Isaac
Proud Lee Owner...

Return to “Topic Bucket”