My New Value Turret Press

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

My New Value Turret Press

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

I got the new Lee value turret today and set it up for .45 ACP. So far I really like it. It is very different then the single stage I am used to.

I can see now why you guys get extra turrets and boxes to store them in. I was trying to save money and see how it works before I bought extra turrets and storage boxes. I will be ordering extra turrets and boxes shortly.

I was a little skeptical and thought of different ways I may set it up or use it in conjunction with the single stage press. Now that I set it up and made my first 20 rounds I am very happy with it.I used the 4 die set with factory crimp die. The on press priming went great - I had one primer seat a little hard but that was due to my technique I think. I used my perfect powder measure and funnel to charge each case by hand. I will test fire my rounds when I can, before I make more. They should be fine.

I can't get my pictures to load here (forgot how I made them show up from my laptop last time I added a picture here) or I would post a picture. I think the press is well made and worth every cent. I paid $80 for it and I am glad I bought it. Had been trying to decide for a long time and finally just went for it.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: My New Value Turret Press

Post by Ranch Dog »

With the new rifle and press, you are the hero of the week!

Here is the how to for the pictures: https://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7
Michael
GRV01
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by GRV01 »

I dont know why but i find myself bothered by the fact that its not painted in Lee Red. They cant be saving *that* much money on paint and it breaks a long line in iconic visual marketing :(
No thin chicks
Currently reloading .357 Magnum and .38 Special
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

newturretsetupcrop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

I am still renovating my little work shop area and bench. It is a little messy. I really like this press for reloading pistol cartridges. Time will tell if I get the kind of well made ammo I am used to getting from the single stage press. I really just want to make the process a little quicker. I am not trying to "Crank Out" ammunition because I enjoy the process and have had really good ammunition the old way. But, it would be nice to not take as long. Rifle cartridges will still be done on the single stage, I may even get another one in the future (another single stage press) if I decide to use the "C" press as just a bullet sizer/de-capper. I love the old press though. It has brought me many ours of enjoyment. For now it will be making rifle hand loads and de-capping and resizing, bullet sizing.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GRV01 wrote:I dont know why but i find myself bothered by the fact that its not painted in Lee Red. They cant be saving *that* much money on paint and it breaks a long line in iconic visual marketing :(
Very good point.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

This is just brain flatulence of a thought but here's my 1/2 cent. The Autodrum, the Deluxe PMs aren't powder coated either. So maybe it's the cost of the powder coating process and the delay to get them off their shelves is another way Lee is trimming the cost and passing that savings on to us :t :?:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm sure it is related to cost, but on a press it seems like it would be worth it to maintain the brand image. Then again, the Pro 1000 isn't red and I doubt that hurts them.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

What is the largest rifle cartridge it will handle?

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
barracudadave67

Post by barracudadave67 »

I have loaded .30-30, on my new Value Turret press. I think that size cart is over the stated size limits of the the new Value turret.
barracudadave67

Return to “Turret”