Back order arrived today

Using your home cast bullets as a ammunition component. Group buys are listed here.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Back order arrived today

Post by Steelbanger »

Back in mid-July I ordered some Hornady gas checks and bullets from Mid-South Distr. The gas checks were in stock but Hornady bullets were on back-order so given the choice of splitting my order or having them hold it and make one shipment when the bullets came in I chose to let them hold everything until the order was complete.

In the meantime I added some Nosler 55 gr. Varmint bullets to the order, which Mid-South had in stock at the time. The original order was placed on July 15th and came today, Nov. 8. I hope I live long enough to enjoy shooting off all the new gas checks I got today!

Now this afternoon my FFL should be receiving my first Rossi R92, a 357 shipped from Ranch Dog. I am finally adding one to my group of Marlin's. Although there is some hope that I can get to fire it today there is a lot depending on the delivery time. If too late then Monday will be the day since I avoid going to the range on weekends in the period just before deer season starts. Too many once-a-year shooters waving rifles all over the place. And totally oblivious to their unsafe actions. These are the people we share our forests with come deer season. They scare me.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Back order arrived today

Post by 62chevy »

They scare me too but my Wife is always wanting to go on a Sunday.
Je suis Charlie
Rooster59
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Back order arrived today

Post by Rooster59 »

Don't forget the first few days after Christmas on the "dangerous days at the range" list.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver

Return to “Cast Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”