Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D Printer V2

Reloading widgets!
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D Printer V2

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Yep, here's the link for my PPM lid. Mine is ancient but I don't think the hopper has changed much, but the openScad file is there also.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:926875

I'm Ohio3Wheels over there also so you can search on my handle for the rest of the stuff. The lid dates back to when all I had was the Afinia printer and used ABS exclusively. I have since printed one with the Robo using PLA and the same settings. Although I think an infill of 35 or 40% would be more than sturdy enough. I've been using Inland PLA from Micro Center almost exclusively, we have a store about 40 minutes from here and they keep a good stock of colors and $14.95 a 2kg roll. I can indulge :) .

I found that PLA needed a little diddling with the nozzle temp and I run my bed at 50 C and use Suave #10 hair spray from Walmart for sticum on a glass bed doesn't take much and it cleans off with generic windex and paper towels. How often depends on the surface area of the print and how many are done. After a bit you kind of develop a sense of when to clean and re-apply.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D Printer V2

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the tips!
Michael

Return to “3D Printing Projects”