Been really quite!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Been really quite!

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I'm not getting anything fun done lately. Getting quotes on the A/C replacement, yard work, and all the rest of life's daily chores absorb too much time. The best thing I've done lately is swap my S&W 327's firing pin out for a C&S extended model and plug the hole in the side of the frame. I haven't even had time to test my latest epoxy coated bullets with magnum pressure to see if they fail or not. Life gets boring sometimes. :oops:
galaxieman
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by galaxieman »

I keep forgetting about this forum. I recently acquired a Marlin 444 and started to finally use the reloading press and lo and behold could not find the breechlock bushings... ordered some more and they should be here this week and I will finally pull the handle on my reloading press.
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

I've not forgot about this forum, I keep checking back every few days! Waiting on new posts since I don't have many. LOL

But I will say I have been reloading a bunch more since being on this forum(and having a friend of mine getting into reloading), happy to pay it forward to him and teach him reloading(even though I am always learning more myself)!

Heck RD...I am almost wiling to say I come here more than the forum that brought me here(flame suit on)lol!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

galaxieman wrote:I keep forgetting about this forum. I recently acquired a Marlin 444 and started to finally use the reloading press and lo and behold could not find the breechlock bushings... ordered some more and they should be here this week and I will finally pull the handle on my reloading press.
The 444 Marlin is a great cartridge to load for! What model did you buy?
Fullthrottle wrote:I've not forgot about this forum, I keep checking back every few days! Waiting on new posts since I don't have many. LOL

But I will say I have been reloading a bunch more since being on this forum(and having a friend of mine getting into reloading), happy to pay it forward to him and teach him reloading(even though I am always learning more myself)!

Heck RD...I am almost wiling to say I come here more than the forum that brought me here(flame suit on)lol!
I started this forum at a real slow period. My Rossi Rifleman forum has been catacomb quite between the 4th of July and Labor Day for each of the two seasons it has experienced. It takes a long time for a forum to gather momentum, just got to tough it out. For me, I involved with reloading in some form or fashion everyday. I just need to figure out would make a good topic of discussion when I run across it.
Michael
galaxieman

Post by galaxieman »

RD, I bought a 78 444s 22 inch Barrel and Microgroove rifling. Right now I am trying different bullet weights. I have some Factory loaded 240 grain and some bullets in 250 hard cast lead and 265 and 300 grain Hornady jacketed. I hope to end up with a bullet in the 280 grain or so that I can cast from ww and avoid leading. I slugged and got .429 which is lucky for a Marlin MG as I understand that most were larger. I will look for a mold that casts .431 or so. I also own a 1894 in 44 mag that sluggs at .429 so I would like a bullet that will work for both.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

galaxieman wrote:RD, I bought a 78 444s 22 inch Barrel and Microgroove rifling. Right now I am trying different bullet weights. I have some Factory loaded 240 grain and some bullets in 250 hard cast lead and 265 and 300 grain Hornady jacketed. I hope to end up with a bullet in the 280 grain or so that I can cast from ww and avoid leading. I slugged and got .429 which is lucky for a Marlin MG as I understand that most were larger. I will look for a mold that casts .431 or so. I also own a 1894 in 44 mag that sluggs at .429 so I would like a bullet that will work for both.
You might check with NOE as they will be cutting both my TLC432-275-RF and TLC432-300-RF. They are also going to be offering the designs with a standard lube groove as well. Look at how far behind Lee's distributor orders remain, I truly don't think they are going to offer my designs until 2014 if that. Jerry at Carolina Cast does not have all my designs listed that he offers so you might check with him as well if you are interest just in trying them as a finished component.

Anyway these two bullet have proven to be great bullets for 444P, 444T, 336-44, 44P, Rossi R92 and now a Wizard with barrels in 44 Mag and 444 Marlin.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:
galaxieman wrote:RD, I bought a 78 444s 22 inch Barrel and Microgroove rifling. Right now I am trying different bullet weights. I have some Factory loaded 240 grain and some bullets in 250 hard cast lead and 265 and 300 grain Hornady jacketed. I hope to end up with a bullet in the 280 grain or so that I can cast from ww and avoid leading. I slugged and got .429 which is lucky for a Marlin MG as I understand that most were larger. I will look for a mold that casts .431 or so. I also own a 1894 in 44 mag that sluggs at .429 so I would like a bullet that will work for both.
You might check with NOE as they will be cutting both my TLC432-275-RF and TLC432-300-RF. They are also going to be offering the designs with a standard lube groove as well. Look at how far behind Lee's distributor orders remain, I truly don't think they are going to offer my designs until 2014 if that. Jerry at Carolina Cast does not have all my designs listed that he offers so you might check with him as well if you are interest just in trying them as a finished component.

Anyway these two bullet have proven to be great bullets for 444P, 444T, 336-44, 44P, Rossi R92 and now a Wizard with barrels in 44 Mag and 444 Marlin.
Carolina has some not listed on their home page at http://www.carolinacastbullets.com/Home_Page.html
Joe
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Ranch Dog wrote:
galaxieman wrote:
I started this forum at a real slow period. My Rossi Rifleman forum has been catacomb quite between the 4th of July and Labor Day for each of the two seasons it has experienced. It takes a long time for a forum to gather momentum, just got to tough it out. For me, I involved with reloading in some form or fashion everyday. I just need to figure out would make a good topic of discussion when I run across it.

No worries RD, I love this forum and I am here to stay! I just hope others can come around and appreciate the forum as well!

Rome was not built in a day(neither was America), nor will a forum. :D

But I really do love my Rossi 92 and love reloading ammo for it!
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I keep poking my nose in here, but haven't been doing any loading lately other than some brass prep. Got a bunch of 44-40 brass to load, but short on primers. Got plenty of primers for the 357, but kind of scarce on brass. Aint that the way things usually go?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

44-40 Willy wrote:Got plenty of primers for the 357, but kind of scarce on brass. Aint that the way things usually go?
You got that right. I have been spending a lot of time sorting brass and other components and getting these numbers in my TMT Precision Records software. It has a very good inventory control system along with various reports to help you maintain a good flow of components. I'm tired of buying stuff I don't need and not what I need. I think this software is going to help. Help I do need in that I reload for 25 different cartridges.
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”