Life is good ~ TLC314-215-RF ~ 303 British!

Topics concerning individual handgun & rifle bullet designs, buckshot, and shotgun slugs.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Life is good ~ TLC314-215-RF ~ 303 British!

Post by Steve »

I bet it cost plenty.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

There's a 1895 in 303 on GunsAmerica for a mere 3500. What I can see looking around the rifle was offered in 303.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:There's a 1895 in 303 on GunsAmerica for a mere 3500. What I can see looking around the rifle was offered in 303.

Make smoke,
I've spent a bit of time researching the 303 British as of late and basically you are looking at the SMLE or something built on it. There was a run of the Winchester 1895 and Ruger #1 chambered in the cartridge. That is about it. The prices on the 1895 are all over the map depending on condition and NIB #1s are still available for $1250 to $1500.

I took an interest in the cartridge as a bullet caster as I see a really large throated 30 caliber that I can fill will lead for a heavy weight hog thumper. Getting ready for the range, maybe tomorrow.

Hey, klr, going to go back through our conversations to deploy your measurements & considerations into a revision for what I will propose to NOE. I probably will not put that forward until I get my #4 back as I need to see the fit of the current design. Right now in my #5, they are as snug as a bug in a rug but I can possibly taper the nose down quicker to accommodate tighter chambers such as yours. I will keep you posted. I need a baseline of shooting with the current bullet and then will mill a bunch down to a long flat nose to see how they do.
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by klr »

Ranch Dog wrote: Hey, klr, going to go back through our conversations to deploy your measurements & considerations into a revision for what I will propose to NOE. I probably will not put that forward until I get my #4 back as I need to see the fit of the current design. Right now in my #5, they are as snug as a bug in a rug but I can possibly taper the nose down quicker to accommodate tighter chambers such as yours. I will keep you posted. I need a baseline of shooting with the current bullet and then will mill a bunch down to a long flat nose to see how they do.
Good idea. I guess another way to get a perfect fit is to nose size them. As I understand it, Al at NOE has a sizing set up that has interchangeable sizing bushings.

Not sure I understand what you mean by milling down to a long flat nose?

Return to “Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”