What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Gas, I found in the past tat with alcohol based lubes I had to let them dry for them to work well. I switched to Imperial and haven't stuck a case since.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Got an ongoing bought of case prep on military 5.56mm brass. Right now I'm sizing and decapping.

I've made up a small amount of RD's Lee Lube cut with alcohol. I've only stuck two cases so far....one I had to take the die to work with me to free. I'm doing something wrong....
Hmmm. You mixing the lube/alcohol solution well? I shake the heck out of it and the spray the cases from all angles and insure some of the spray is going down the case neck.

If you stick a case, you just remove the decapper and its collet and use a punch to tap the case out of the die. If the decapper is stuck in the case, just run the case back up in the die and tighten the heck out of the collet. I would pull the decapper out and make sure the expander is clean and slick.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I actually got some rifle reloading done two days ago. 35 Rem for the Savage 170. Back to loading the Speer 2435. Want to shoot it some more.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'm already into the revised process above as I'm prepping 80 at a time with spray lube then dumping in a bucket to dry for a later date. I'm ordering more case lube to make more solution as my low level on the bottle was hindering the spray angle.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Time to reload for my Marlin 1894CL 32-20 Win. This is easy stuff; four die set on Classic Turret, .88cc disc in standard, old school Auto disk for 13.6 grains of H110, topped with my TLC313-115-RF cast bullet at 1.550"

The load should be producing a bit over 1800 FPS and will sic the Labradar on it today!

I have raccoon problems at my protein feeders and this it just what the 32-20 Win was made to handle.
Michael
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

Be sure to let us know how your raccoon hunting goes. I enjoy reading about all the hunting and varmint shooting.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steve wrote:Be sure to let us know how your raccoon hunting goes. I enjoy reading about all the hunting and varmint shooting.
Will do!
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Powder coated 200 Lee C309-180-R that drop at 170 grains blue. Maybe tomorrow they will get sized.
Je suis Charlie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Hot .32WCF but not real hot for a modern-ish rifle. Ain't using that in a first gen Colt myself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Hot .32WCF but not real hot for a modern-ish rifle. Ain't using that in a first gen Colt myself.
These are old bullets that softened to 13 BHN, bullets I didn't want to go through the bake process to harden them. The Marlin CL has not problems at 357 Mag pressure levels though.
62chevy wrote:Powder coated 200 Lee C309-180-R that drop at 170 grains blue. Maybe tomorrow they will get sized.
What are these bullets going to be used for?
Michael

Return to “Rifle Reloading”