What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I forgot to ask do you make those cases or are you able to find them?

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I ground out 20 more test loads for a cute little varminter bbl'd 96 Mauser 257 Roberts with a PB cast 120 and Unique and a 100 gr Pro Hunter over IMR 4350 .

I went mass production and loaded 50 6.8 Remington with 50 more waiting on primers to get stuffed with H322 and a 279-124 .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
9x80Drilling
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by 9x80Drilling »

O3W, I buy Bertram Basic brass in 9.3 x 82 Rmm, size it with RCBS 9.3 x 72 Rmm die, and shorten it to 80 mm. I have used Lee Lube mostly successfully for this operation, but soon will try Imperial Wax. Thanks for asking.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

What reforming I've done 30-06 to 6.5-06, 30/30 to 357 Herret and 45-70 to 40-65 I've found that Imperial does a good job. Particularly with the first 2 if I annealed first. No need to anneal with the 45-70 to 40-65 just lean on the Rock-chucker handle :) .

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Deleted User 1404

Post by Deleted User 1404 »

Today was a retro day. Took the old 1950 Farmall out for a spin, nice old tractor I have brought back to life.

As for the reloading I had 20 .223 cases from the last range session. These were my first reloads I had fired since starting this hobby. I deprimed and cleaned and uniformed the primer pockets on my new Lyman prep center. Then I used my classic Lee hand loader and an arbor press to size the case, then used the Lee bench prime to insert new primers. Used the 1.6 dipper to pour some H4895 powder then topped them off with a 69 gr. Sierra Match King with the Lee loader and the arbor press. Nice relaxing loading session, big thumbs up to the Lee loader and arbor press.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice on all counts including the tractor! What arbor press are you using?
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Pics of IHF or it didn't happen.

...or did we do that alrwady?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Deleted User 1404

Ranch Dog wrote:Very nice on all counts including the tractor! What arbor press are you using?
I got the bald eagle to see how it worked with the Lee loader. I would get the larger 21 century if I were doing it again. No more hammering. :D
Deleted User 1404

[quote="GasGuzzler"]Pics of IHF or it didn't happen.

...or did we do that alrwady?[/quote]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
f100cleveland
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by f100cleveland »

Loaded some .223 rounds today. Raining out so puts the binders on my food plot planting for a few days. I have figured out loads for 50 and 55gr bullets using H335, 748, CFE223, varget and 3031. Its been real windy around here lately so testing has taken awhile. I think the barrel on the AR is broken in now as it seems to be getting more accurate or I'm getting used to it. Picked up some 60gr bullets yesterday so get to find their sweet spot now. Cute little tractor Number6. I hobby farm with a SuperH, 400, and 706.

Return to “Rifle Reloading”