Rifle report, finally got the .22 Hornet on the way

Open forum for rifles.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Rifle report, finally got the .22 Hornet on the way

Post by DaveInGA »

Well, after wrestling around with budsgunshop online, I finally gave up on them and decided it was simply a lot less pain dealing with the LGS where I buy my gunpowder. I was over there the other day and he had a Ruger American in .223 I liked for a really low price, but it was the "ranch" version with this god awful tan plastic stock. I decided I liked the rifle fairly well other than that and the barrel was a bit too short at 16."

So I went to Ruger's website and they had a black stocked "Compact" model with a 18" barrel more suitable to my all around needs for right at $359.00. I decided to forgo the CZ in .223 and get one, as the rest of the rifle was acceptable except the stock and my understanding is Boyd's is coming out with or has out a laminate stock in brown I'd like I can get for a $100.00 or so extra.

I still wanted the CZ 527 American in .22 Hornet, so I asked if they could get that. It was a bit more expensive than bud's online, but soooo much simpler and less bs to get it in. Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but the constantly changing prices on buds website combined with them trying to force me to join the buds team ($30.00) if I wanted to get the CZ 557 in 6.5 Swede I wanted just made me feel I'd rather give that money to my LGS guy who knows my face when I walk in the door. Plus his wife is real sweet on the phone. Her price ended up being only about $20.00 more than buds for the CZ 527 in American, including taxes (7%). I decided it was more than worth it to be able to do business and feel comfortable doing so.

Note: I buy a LOT of stuff online and ordered a AR15 upper kit ($449.00) and a Ruger LCP ($199.00 plus shipping/tax) at my wife's request from Palmetto State Armory today, so I am very comfortable ordering online, but there was something that just did not feel right with buds website and the way it was trying to do business with me.

So I ended up getting both the Ruger American Compact in .223 and the CZ 527 American in .22 Hornet for $1085.00 cash out the door. Not the cheapest I could have gotten them, but with a lot less headache and a much higher comfort level.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rifle report, finally got the .22 Hornet on the way

Post by Ranch Dog »

I hear you, sometimes it's best just to get it done!
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I like doing business with my local gun store too and when you consider the transfer fee 20 bucks is nothing. Some around here charge 50 bucks that is crazy.
Je suis Charlie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'd rather do business locally too but here LGS means LocoGoofyStealer.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

GasGuzzler wrote:I'd rather do business locally too but here LGS means LocoGoofyStealer.
Got one of them here too but thank goodness the good guy is even closer just no powder or primers like the ripoff guy.
Je suis Charlie
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

I'm lucky in that there's lots of gun dealers in this area, way more than I can imagine, but not all of them have a true gunshop with guns on display or powder/primers. The fella is in a nearby town and my barber shop is there (yes, a real barber shop with a real barber that cuts your hair the way you want it cut, not a woman who cuts your hair the way she wants to and you all know what I'm talking about.), so I can get a haircut, then swing by to pick up the rifles.

Best Regards,

Dave
btoran

Post by btoran »

pickup the rifle first. then bring it into any barber shop and you'll get your hair cut the way you want it and maybe for free.

btw, the barber shop I use is old school as well. rock-a-billy barber shop. it's got rock music playing loud and old time pin ball machines.
Bruce

Rossi R92 16" SS .357
Lee Classic Turret Press

Don't eat anything bigger than your head!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I haven't paid for a haircut in at least twenty years. I cut my boys' hair too. How'd we get here?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

We let the idjits in government convince us to teach our kids the only way to make a living was to go to college. Sometimes that's true, sometimes it isn't, but our lack of valuing any profession that doesn't require one going to college is a big part of the root of things.

Now we have a buncha poorly educated knotheads being brainwashed in liberal colleges that teach them the American way of life as we know and grew up in is no good and needs to be replaced by communism.
r1200r

Post by r1200r »

My local gun shop is good to deal with, they'll match any on line prices and will do small discounts for cash. I like keeping it local even though I have to pay sales tax.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”