New LM parts

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

New LM parts

Post by horseman »

Received the new frame and ram from Lee yesterday. The new casting finish isn't as "smooth", and well finished as my old one. (The casting on my Classic SS isn't very smooth either for that matter) Certainly doesn't hurt the function in any way though. The little oil port for the ram isn't there either. That's also not a big deal to me as I never really used it on my older frame, I just oiled the ram, frame junction. I do really like the "groove" they're putting in the "flipper" ramp, that seems to be an improvement. Don't know when they started doing that, but it's a first for me. Not a big deal but the screw holes for the primer shield are now threaded. Have it all together and everything is working just fine, the ram was very stiff (tight) for the first few (20 or so?) but smoothed out quickly and is very easy in operation now.
Also received the new folding primer trays. First impression, they work but I don't really like them. I MUCH prefer the old type. The new folders are not nearly as easy to "shake and orient" the primers, you can only actually use one side of the tray for that because when you fold them together obviously the primers on the "other side" would then be upside down. The tray does have a sliding lock to hold the halves together but on first impression (use) it seems to block the flow of primers to the chute somewhat. Also wonder about the longevity on the plastic "hinge"....they may work out fine, this is just my first impressions, but I am going to find some more of the older round tray type with the "lock" tab on the base even if I have to buy a whole primer system.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: New LM parts

Post by DaveInGA »

Thank you for the shared information. I'm certainly in the same boat related to the primer trays.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

DaveInGA wrote:Thank you for the shared information. I'm certainly in the same boat related to the primer trays.
Dave, I loaded some 357mags last evening using the new trays and they were fine. Feeding was good and I do like that when you close them together AND DON'T ENGAGE THE LOCK the primers will NOT feed when installing in the chute, THEN engage the lock and they feed properly. You do give up a little with "shaking" the primers to correctly orient them, but with the other advantages to them I think most will like them. I'd say try them, they're pretty inexpensive.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by DaveInGA »

That's kinda where I'm at. I had meant to already order some, but the pain drugs for my bouncy baby kidney stone are making me scattered and making me forget to order them :roll:.

I am having a procedure to get rid of the stone tomorrow and I'll be glad when it (and these darn pain drugs) are gone. The ONLY positive benefit to these things are the relief from the joint pain of my psoriatal arthritis while I'm on them. But it's screwed up my mental acuity, focus, attention to detail and I suspect bowel movement ( :( :? :cry: ). As an older guy, that last one ain't going to be much fun to resolve I'm betting.

Return to “Progressive”