5mm kidney stones, morphine/codeine & picking a caliber

Open forum for rifles.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: 5mm kidney stones, morphine/codeine & picking a caliber

Post by DaveInGA »

farmerjim wrote:I have Handi's in both 223 and hornet. Both shoot great with cast and the hornady 55 grain fmj's and sp.
I have only had 2 stones. The first started at 6 am and was over at 2 pm. The second lasted a month. There was pain only when it moved. It would occur every 3 or 4 days, and last for 1 to 2 minutes each time, but the pain was intense. Pray for a fast passing.
Something must have changed with those Handi-Rifles. I've looked around for them and the Buffalo version and they don't seem to be for sale any more.
Last edited by DaveInGA on 21 Jan 2016 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

DaveInGA wrote:
farmerjim wrote:I have Handi's in both 223 and hornet. Both shoot great with cast and the hornady 55 grain fmj's and sp.
I have only had 2 stones. The first started at 6 am and was over at 2 pm. The second lasted a month. There was pain only when it moved. It would occur every 3 or 4 days, and last for 1 to 2 minutes each time, but the pain was intense. Pray for a fast passing.
Something must have changed with those Handi-Rifles. I've looked around for them and the Buffalo version and they don't seem to be for sale any more.

I had a "first" stone and it was out, this one is much, much more painful and intense.
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by farmerjim »

"Something must have changed with those Handi-Rifles. I've looked around for them and the Buffalo version and they don't seem to be for sale any more."
They quit making them. You might find one still in stock at a LGS. There are a few on gunbroker.
I will keep my 4.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

I've been getting some advertising from a place called E Arthur Brown & Co. They offer a Thompson Center Arms that's pretty much a tinker toy if one knows how to pick which options are worth while and which are not. They also offer their own 97D rifle that appears to be some sort of falling block rifle.

If anyone knows about, owns or has shot one, please let me know. I think a light weight rifle like those ought to do me real well in the application I'm looking for.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

E Arthur Brown & Co. has been around for a long time. I've bought some specialty tools from them in the past but durn if it escapes me what exactly I bought.
Michael
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Ranch Dog wrote:E Arthur Brown & Co. has been around for a long time. I've bought some specialty tools from them in the past but durn if it escapes me what exactly I bought.
They got some nice stuff, for sure. I bought a Forster manual trim set from them. Was the best price delivered I could find anywhere. They had it on sale at the time.

I wish their 97D rifles pricing was more in line with the Thompson Center rifles they offer. I really like falling block rifles and that one is a handsome, but expensive piece of machinery.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”