Adding to the 30 Calibers

Open forum for rifles.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Adding to the 30 Calibers

Post by Ranch Dog »

Shot my first three rounds out of the rifle just to get the scope aligned with the bore. I'm no doubt going to scout this rifle as I described as the available side mounts place the scope way to far above the bore, 1.9". This is with the Sun Optics mount and Weaver low rings. With the stocks low comb the cheek weld is awful and slight changes while trying to settle in for the shot causes the crosshairs to "dance" on the target. The Weaver scout will change this.
340_HLVR_25YD.jpg
Not only does the crosshair view drift up and down but left and right against the bullseye as I tried to figure out a head position on the stock. The drift to the left was trying to settle my cheek a little different. Still, I have no doubt that at 25 yards the rifle is a one hole shooter just need to fix the optics setup.

I ended up shooting my original TLC311-170-RF as the front band is not right with my 300 Savage bullet. The TLC311-170-RF is the only one of my "311" series that I had inventory of but it will do. Used 33.0-grains of H-LVR and will end up running it up to 36.0-grains once I get the scout mount epoxied on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Steve wrote:I would like to see a picture of your 22 Dave.
Steve,

I'd planned to have a pic up by now, but a little thing called a kidney stone got in my way. :( I'll try to get one taken in the next day or two.

Dave
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

RD,

Looks like there is potential there, just have to do some rifle tuning to get it out.

Dave

Return to “Rifle Discussions”