30 Caliber Blues ~ Handloading Jacketed Bullets Is Easy!

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

30 Caliber Blues ~ Handloading Jacketed Bullets Is Easy!

Post by Ranch Dog »

It has been a number of years since I've done any jacketed bullet work on a large scale but as part of my 2016 goals, I wanted to have some jacketed bullet hunting ammo on the shelf. I just finished up my Rem 600 (35 Rem) and Rem 722 (300 Sav) yesterday. The loads are tuned, the rifles are sighted in, and I have several boxes of ammo prepped and waiting. Sure was easy and took a quarter to a third of the time as compared to cast.

I'm even going to take both of those rifles on a hunt tomorrow through Sunday in that they were so kind to me. Once home, I will start to figure out what exactly these rifles need to replicate the performance I expect with a cast bullet.

I also added another "30 caliber" to my lineup, a Savage 340E chambered in 30-30 Win.

Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: 30 Caliber Blues ~ Handloading Jacketed Bullets Is Easy!

Post by RBHarter »

I'm glad you found that 340. There has been 1 listed out here for a month or more but the guy wanted big bucks for a plain Jane .

I threw some random parts together in an 06' once, presto ! groups . I recently revisited that in a 6.8 Rem. 9 rounds better than factory groups and matched speeds. But cast bullets are free instead of 20-110 /100. :) ;)
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Rifle Reloading”