Stuck case in decapping die situation

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
Fullthrottle
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Stuck case in decapping die situation

Post by Fullthrottle »

Ok I have a little story that happened today.

I have a good friend I am getting into reloading. He has the bought the Lee die set for .223 Remington for his AR, bought some powder, primers, ect. He is using my single stage press and tumbler and other tools to get ready. After a few weeks off and on prepping brass, we are down to the last bit of brass that needs prep(close to 1000pcs, I estimate).

Today on the last four pieces of brass, he gets a stuck case. I mean it sheared off the rim when he was on the upstroke of the press. WOW, I have loaded a bunch of different brass and NEVER has that happened to me.
First thing that comes to his mind is "crap, I need to send it to Lee to have it removed", I too have seen this be the answer to the problem. Then he says "blank that, I will just buy a new decapping die rather than ship and wait", I understand that part as well.

I told him I will be back in a minute, I pull up youtube and punch in the search "stuck case in reloading die"...three vids down is "stuck case in Lee reloading die". It was about 28seconds long, I watched it and problem was solved! After fixing the issue with his die, I took a second look at who published the vid......Never guess who that was............Lee Precision!

Thank you very much Lee Precision!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Stuck case in decapping die situation

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks! Your post gave me an idea of adding a link to their YouTube video channel on the forum selections.
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Fullthrottle
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Fullthrottle »

Maximumbob54 wrote:

Yes that is the exact vid I watched and solved the problem!

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”