NOE email proved irresistable

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

NOE email proved irresistable

Post by DaveInGA »

Got an email from NOE with a code for 20% off I think and I jumped all over it. I've been wanting to buy most all of the powder through Lyman M-die style expanders they sell along with a bunch of the solid expanders that go in the Lee Universal Expanding die.

I get over to the website, planning on buying nearly every single one of the powder through expanders and what do I find? My reloadin buddies, who read their emails quickly, have already been there and nearly wiped the entire inventory out! :twisted:

So I ordered the only one they had left, the .45ACP and got what I could of the ones I needed for rifle. Dang it!
Color me :mrgreen: with envy for those gents that got them all.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NOE email proved irresistable

Post by Ranch Dog »

I use these plugs and have been waiting for him to expand his product line of the Powder Through plug for the rifle cartridges that use them along with the 25 & 32 Autos.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been using the NOE rifle Expander Plug (459REXP) this week. I've been working with my Rio Grande RG4570B prepping it for my desert mule deer hunting. I'm using the NOE Plug in the Lee Powder Through Expander die rather than the Universal Expander die. Just have use the powder funnel adapter so that the PTE die has a top to act against.

It sure does a great job of expanding the brass to accept the big cast bullet. The RP cases had a real bad habit of finishing with a bulge on one side as the bullet seated with runout from the inadequate flare provided the Lee plug.

The is one of the plugs that need to be a "Powder Through" plug along with the 375 Win, 38-55 Win, & 444 Marlin.
Michael
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

You guys just cost me more money. Reloading like all my other likes are all money pits. Just keep shoveling it in and something else comes along that I have to have.

I used my first M-die not long ago with the 45 Colt and I really like it. So I ordered the NOE expanders for the rest of my calibers.
Dan 444
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Dan 444 »

RD,
Those big pills sure look good! You still a "dipper" with the Alox or are you using a different method?

Warms my heart to see that big jug of H335...my favorite powder in the larger caliber leverguns.

Best,
Dan
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dan 444 wrote:RD,
Those big pills sure look good! You still a "dipper" with the Alox or are you using a different method?

Warms my heart to see that big jug of H335...my favorite powder in the larger caliber leverguns.

Best,
Dan
Greetings Dan, I switched to tumble lubing with the Ben's Liquid Lube recipe as my fingers just can't do the work anymore for the volume of bullets that I work with. I'm using two coats of BLL with outstanding results. It has cut my lubing time dramatically.

Yeah, nothing like a full tube of H335 for sure. I can see the flame out the 20" barrel in the daylight! Going up to the range for a couple more shots. The 2950 FPE out of the Rossi carbine comes at a bit of a price, it kicks like a mule!
Michael
Steve

Post by Steve »

Today I received NOE expanders for 380, 40, 308, and 223. I got to try the one for my 223 loads, it really works pretty slick. Thanks for the tip RD.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Got to try out the NOE expander for the 40 S&W last night at about 11PM. So here I am at 6:30 AM wishing I wouldn't have stayed up late last night.

To get the flare needed for the cast bullets the case mouth was just touching the shoulder above the .001" expanded shoulder. That edge is sharp and caused tiny bits of brass to be shaved off. I use a tiny file to break that edge and the problem went away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opening the case up like a funnel. It does not show a flare, but does let the bullet seat without shaving lead. Now the loaded cartridges are noticeably more concentric and the case walls do not show the shape of the bullet so much. Hope that makes sense. I didn't have any problem with my finished cartridges while using the Lee expander, but this NOE expander plug is giving me a better looking finished cartridge. I do think case life should be increased with the reduced flare and it is easier getting the bullet started straight.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Mine finally came in after 8 days in the US mail system. I swear, this cat in the white house stayed for another term and we'd be in the poor house for sure. NOE mailed them out 2 day on the 2nd and I just received them today.

I'm still working on my Loadmaster getting it tuned and modified to where I like it, but I'm looking forward to trying these expanders out on some cast as soon as I can. Weather is beautiful here, still high 60's, so going to the range is still a possibility.:)
Steve

Post by Steve »

I tried setting up for 380ACP with the NOE plug last night. Wouldn't work, got in their web site and found I ordered the incorrect plug. The only one I see for the 380 is for the Lee powder/flare die.

Guess I got to place another order. Oh well.

Return to “Progressive”