577/450 ? any body reloaded this ?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
hcable
My Press Choice: Turret

577/450 ? any body reloaded this ?

Post by hcable »

found a martini/henry in this caliber, cheap, and neat, but dont want to spend to excess reloading it.

neck sizing should be fine [ its a single shot ] so anyway to do this without spending too much?

lee makes reasonably priced dies for this but they are out of stock / back ordered.
beekeeper

Re: 577/450 ? any body reloaded this ?

Post by beekeeper »

Want a quick or long answer?
Quick answer is "NO"
Long answer is,
Cases are costly or unobtanium.
If you make your own out of 24 cal shotgun cases it is a long drawn out afair.
It is a black powder ( mostly) gun ) and that is a complete new regiman than smokeless.don't ask me how I know.
Using Black powder requires several new pieces of equipment that you only use for black powder so if it isn't your thing you are stuck with them.

Lee sells dies but there are no case forming dies unless you have a lot of extra cash lying around.

Powder is available from several sourses and isn't that expensive unless you get into match situations and use the most expensive stuff

If you cast your own bullets it isn't too bad but if you purchase them it gets expensive fast.

I shoot 577/450 and 43 Mauser both with black powder with my own cast bullets and have a ball but again it isn't for everyone.

beekeeper
sthwestvictoria
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: 577/450 ? any body reloaded this ?

Post by sthwestvictoria »

There is an interesting thread going here:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... -load-data
With various approaches. Titan reloading currently have the dies, $USD74 and they list 19 in stock:
http://www.titanreloading.com/rifle-rel ... -die-steel

Return to “Rifle Reloading”