plinking

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: plinking

Post by daboone »

akuser47 wrote:Just be careful if you start useing powder coated bullets you might start getting requested colors by the kids lol
Now that you mention it my daughters (both CCW) joked with me about making some PINK for they carries. ;) :roll:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

daboone wrote:
akuser47 wrote:Just be careful if you start useing powder coated bullets you might start getting requested colors by the kids lol
Now that you mention it my daughters (both CCW) joked with me about making some PINK for they carries. ;) :roll:

I know right where you can get some to even think he has a sale on pink this week.
Je suis Charlie
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

Yesterday was a perfect day at the range for me. There was nobody else showed up for the 5 hours I was there. So I drove all over the place with my "war wagon" (lawn tractor setup for range use do to leg amputation). Used the Henry 45 Colt to shoot at a lot of clay birds that had not broken and plink at the steel plates from 25 to 100 yards. I finally figured out the trajectory of the load I am shooting so it makes plinking with this rifle more fun.

I also shot up a 150 rounds of 380 in the Glock 42. These were a new load for that pistol, They shoot so good I guess round development for that load is done. It is a 100 grain coated bullet. Haven't chronographed it yet but I know it is pretty hot. Trajectory is very good and I was consistently hitting a 10 inch piece of pipe at 50 yards. That isn't too bad for a pocket pistol.

I have found it takes me a lot longer to shoot through a pile of ammo than it did when I had both legs, but I am getting around a little better every day so it won't be long until I get to spend a lot more time reloading. These 6 round magazines seem like they are always empty. Next trip to the range I am going to shoot the M&P 40, then I can burn up some ammo.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Glad you're getting back in the groove!

Sometime I like to go for walks in the desert way out from Phoenix city limits. (not during this time of year as it's averaging 112 degrees) I take my M1 Carbine. I hunt cans left to litter the natural beauty but I make sure they have been properly "killed" before hauling my trophies away. I can't say I blast away tons of reloads but it good for the soul to watch those cans bounce. All the metal gets recycled some in the city recycle barrel and some into my tumbler. Those days are perfect for me.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hot Darn! Got to go to the range with my daughter. We blasted some hostage targets then broke out some shoot-n-see targets. It was great fun shot 22s, 380s, 40s, and my Henry 45. Even shot the shoot-n-see targets with the Henry from 25 foot. We had a ball.

Next week I'm going to her house to shoot in the back yard. Hope we can come up with some out of date canned food, those cans really blow up good. My favorite last year was a can of apple pie mix. when it blew up it spread out like the rings around Saturn. I will take the 223 for those.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sounds like a great time. The only thing I did for a break today was handload some 44 Mag evaluation rounds for a Rossi Single Shot.
Michael

Return to “Field/Hunting Stories”