Little happy dance .

50 BMG, Collet, and steel reloading dies plus the Factory Crimp Dies. Also, discussions concerning the Deluxe, Pacesetter, and RGB die sets.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Little happy dance .

Post by RBHarter »

Ive had a little M14 Remington pump ....er ....slide action for about 12 yr in 32 Remington. It came with 18 loaded rounds and 22 pieces of empty brass . The 1st thing I learned was that it is identical to the 32 Winchester Special but rimless. ..... which is like saying a 7/30 Waters is a 30-30 necked down to 7mm . It's about .05 shorter the shoulder is about .05 higher and it's more like a Weatherby shouldered 32 Winchester Special AI rimless. So 32 Winchester dies will work if you don't need to readjust the shoulders or do more than a 1/2 neck size and decap and don't need to crimp (the Lee FDC might work ok) last week I had the good fortune of making a deal for a set of correct CH 32 Remington dies and brought my combined stock of the coveted Remington brass to 90 pieces . Which also let's me at last stop using the converted 30-30 an 32 Winchester brass. Woo hoo 40 pieces of made up 6.8 then x39 and throw away 40s .
I guess next weekend I will have a set of 32 Winchester dies for sale with the other 8 sets I don't need like the 35 Rem, 7x64 Brennke, 338 WM, 41 Mag etc.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Little happy dance .

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sounds like an interesting shooter. I was thinking about a friend yesterday that caused me to think about these Rem cartridges as his dad hunted with 30 Rem. He had a very nice 14 with a Williams or Lyman peep sight on it.

We had a hardware store close here in town about 7 years ago, a real hardware store that opened about 7 am and hosted coffee for whoever wanted to stop buy. The store sold guns and ammo and the owner had a large quantity of 25, 30, and 32 Rem ammo on the shelves. Of course I asked about it and he said it was quite popular in the area at one time but he figured all the guns in the area had now been sold or safed. The owner got to sick to run the store so they were closing up for good. The owner asked me to find someone to give the rimless ammo to and try as I might on all the various forums I visited, I never had a reply to any of my posts. As I recall he had 400 to 500 rounds of each.

You know we need pictures!
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

This is the cartridge comparison 30-30 ,32 Rem and 3 7x6.8 Rem . It's funny you would mention the tang sight . Mine has the Lyman on it . I took it for my 1st hog hunt just south west of you,I didn't get to use it . It was loaded with a 325-175 2R modified to plain base cast of 75 25 ww/1-20 over 4350 for 2100 fps . It should have been pretty well suited to the task.

These dies are few and far between. Huntingtons shows 6 in stock @ $135 ea set. 2 sets have been sold on Castboolits in the last 2 weeks for asking . Weird that for yr I look in all the back corners then a set drops in my living room . They will probably be everywhere for the next 6 months then poof no more for love or money.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Does the tang sight look like this?
Rem_14_tang.jpg
If I could find a clean 14 with this setup chambered in 35 Rem, it would be in my hands. I have the 35 Rem comments well covered so it would be easy on that end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Charley
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Charley »

Have a couple of the oldies, Standard Arms Model M (a pump) in .25 Remington, and a Remington Model 81 in .30 Remington. .30 Remington brass shows up from time to time. Starting with .30 Remington, the .25 and .32 are easy to form, just a trip through the appropriate sizing die, and trim to length. You can form the .25, .30, and .32 Remington from .30/30, turn off the rim, and recut the extractor groove. Little time consuming, but good to know if you can't find any .30 Remington as the parent case. As far as dies go, look at CH4D, they have pretty much everything you can imagine, and prices are pretty decent.

Edit to add: CH4D does have dies, $87.36 plus shipping...https://www.ch4d.com/products/dies/cali ... ter=32+Rem
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Yep RD looks just like that .....a lot more beat up.

I have them coming 2nd hand $55 . I figured some day I'd run across a set. I just traded off a a priming and seating die for a 30 Remington for a 310 tool which I don't have nor bushings for the standard. If I go that route most likely I'd get the hand press and buy 2. Anyway I also have a Whack a mole tool set for both 32s .

The 14 I have was used a lot in Oregon and Washington state. It has a large number of character marks all over . I had reached the point where I was actually thinking about making it a 32 Winchester AI and opening the bolt face for the rim . Then I made a swap for 20 pieces of brass now about once a yr a find a few more and now there are correct dies .

I figure it'll be a great deer slayer in Arkansas.

They were just at that cusp when they came along ,I think if Remington had used the the shortened x57 ,like Savage or Winchester later , or even built them all on the same case as the 35 Rem they would be alive and well . Now the gears are grinding again 22,24,25,28 ,30,32 and 35 -30 rimmed in a switch bbl 340 Savage , all Waters lIke . Nope too many toys already.
Gotta have a cleaning party soon or set up a few every month to keep up.

Return to “Rifle”