22 CF

Lee Bullet Sizing Kits
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

22 CF

Post by RBHarter »

Ive been casting for several years and to get mostly what I needed I haven't needed gas checks to get it . I have done a lot of paper patched bullets and wadding. .......

Enter the 22 CF . Now when I hold the reins back the 222 makes a great 22 WM super Mag and delivers with those receipts from Wal mart make good patches and 2200 even 2500 isn't hard to get with clean bbls. What a pain to roll those little bitty suckers but I could have managed for the 222 for smoking paper ,cotton tail ,maybe a coyote. I foolishly aquired an AR in 223 so gas checks are no longer something I can skate around ,evidenced by my complete lack of restraint with the semi auto and magazines that hold a full box of ammo and the sad puppy face when the bolt locks back......

I'm still a tight wad and don't want to spend any more than I have to.

So off to the shop . Since I load the 06'/308/Mauser family and a couple of large primed pistols I have a good supply of spent large primers which are .210 OD. So I turned a 5/16 rod with just enough taper/radius to center in the cup with the anvil removed . The shoulders above the radius are just larger than the gas check shank . I used the brand new 225 Lee push through sizer die to seat ,size and lock the primer/check on. It actually took longer to write this than to do the tool and test . I don't know if it's worth $25/1k to go to the trouble of stripping the cups and resizing them after paying $30+/1k and getting to use them 2x , but I think it will be if they shoot well enough.

I will get a few pictures when it has a little more polish on the final product and I have more than 3 boolits.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: 22 CF

Post by 62chevy »

I knew I was saving spent primers for more than one reason. Just got to get me a 223 rifle so I can do the same thing.
Je suis Charlie
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Now that is smart work, thanks for sharing. Keep us posted to how they perform. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Well this is going to take some more work . My 22-55 is a NOE 4C and there is just enough difference to make the current tool a little fickle , the pistol primers seem to work better. More polish and tweet.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Bullet Sizing”